English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13
Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi all,
after my host upgraded the PHP version to 5.3.13 I suddenly receive an "Error 500 - Internal Server Error" on my slave site. I am using latest JMS Multisites with Joomla! 1.5.26.
On a side note, SEF-URLs stopped also working, i.e. when I enable SEF-URLs I receive a "Connection interrupted"-error.

Has anyone a clue what might be the issue here?

Thanks in advance,
regards
FW.
fleischwolf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Try get more info from your hosting provider.
Error 500 can be caused by plenty of things.
Try to see if you have a error log file that would provide more info on the reason of the error.

Sometime, this is simply due to a file that can not be accessed (permission denied).
OR an error in the .htaccess
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/07/09 20:45 By edwin2win.

Re: Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin, thanks for your answer.
The error log file shows nothing, and I also can exclude a permission issue (at least I did not find any differences to the prior state). When enabling SEF-URLs the htaccess should not be involved as the error already shows when enabling the first option only. Also, the error only occurs on the remote machine running PHP5.3.13. On my local machine, running XAMPP with PHP5.3.8, everything works ok.

Curiously, I have another site with multisites installed on the same server, at least I suppose it is the same since the IP is the same, which works just fine.

I copied Joomla! core files twice to exclude any corrupted file issues, and re-installed multisites, both to no avail.

I guess I will just wait hoping that the issue is somewhat related to the server configuration of my hosting provider or that I'll have an epiphany.
Thanks anyway, if you have any other idea please let me know.

Regards, fw.
fleischwolf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/09 21:01 By fleischwolf.

Re: Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Perhaps that you could try identififying the list of forbidden directive.
This list is present in the PHP information.
Go in the joomla help and check the system information.

I imagine that there is a directive in the list that is forbidden by your hosting provider and that cause the issue.

Try also contact your hosting provider to get more infos on the potential directive that would be rejected.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
Perhaps that you could try identififying the list of forbidden directive.
This list is present in the PHP information.

Sorry, can't follow you here. What do you mean by "list of forbidden directive"? Could you provide an example?
Cheers, fw.
fleischwolf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Error 500 on Slave after upgrade to PHP5.3.13 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Quick update:
First off, one issue is that templates need to be present in both directories, i.e. slave and master. The index.php will be called from the slave while images will be called from master. Either I didn't get it or here is some room for improvement.
Second, while I could access pages from slave when I called them directly I couldn't get the home page to work. It turned out that when I changed the default home page from a K2 Itemlist / Category to a normal item it works. Have not established the why.

The SEF-URLs issue on the master site still persists.
fleischwolf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla