English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JMS Full clone site
JMS Full clone site 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

As I would like to make a Clone of my master site as 1st Slave ( having childs ) I wonder if I can use same URL for Master & Slave.

for example : www.mysite.com for master AND www.mysite.com for clone Slave_1

Will it be understandable ?

Eric
erick
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JMS Full clone site 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Clone or duplicate the master website can be done with a rule like "replicMaster" that is described several times in the forum and also described in the tutorial video 0.d (moreless at the middle of the video).

See www.jms2win.com/en/forum/24-joomla-multi...but-not-content#9946

You can NOT yet have 2 identical URL (domain) that make reference to different website.
In JMS 1.2.x, you need to have a unique domain URL that make reference to a unique slave site. So if you want to have slave1 as a copy of the master, you can for example create www.mysite.com/slave1 that correspond to the slave site.

In JMS 1.3.x that will coming soon, it is possible to have several website with exactly the same domain URL that will use additional information to create variant of a same website. The variant are geo-localisation, browser features such as mobile device and browser accepted language.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla