English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Using cpanel to set up Joomla in the first instanc
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Using cpanel to set up Joomla in the first instanc
Using cpanel to set up Joomla in the first instanc 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I purchased JMS a month ago and I still can't get it to work. I realise this is because I am not technical enough but perhaps you can help because now I can't even get as far as installing JMS.

I'm using hostmoster.com to host. They use cPanel.

I used cPanel to set up subdomain.

Then I used cPanel to install the Joomla! for me. That works fine although it doesn't have the table prefix option as the installation is done automatically.

So I then installed the easysql Joomla! extension and used that to rename the table prefix from "joom_" to "master_"

Then I do a simple test page - the home page looks fine but the new page has no styling. See my test site at http://jamesdean.17sites.com/ - the home page is styled but the biography page isn't.

This happens every time. I don't know what's wrong.

Any suggestions? I know it's not JMS that's the problem - I haven't even installed it yet - but any suggestions would be very welcome.
AndrewOrange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Using cpanel to set up Joomla in the first instanc 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Nothing to do with JMS, but just in case anyone ever has the same problem, the answer is here:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=466&t=443988
AndrewOrange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla