English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Subdomains & Salve Sites
Subdomains & Salve Sites 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

First at all, I want to say this new web in great, congratulations!

Well, I´m working with Centos5 & Plesk 10. There are any way to get slave site with subdomain.domain.com without an alias domain created manually in Plesk Panel like this web aplicattion url: signup.socialgo.com/site_details ?

Thank you for your help.
celso
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Subdomains & Salve Sites 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you for the congratulation.
We are trying to improve the service to the customers and the website is something that could provide a better service.

Plesk is not easy to setup.
The major problem that you will encounter with plesk is the permission to access the files and folder. This is mainly restricted with the "open_basedir" that must be modified to have the access to the master files and folders.

See the Plesk - Help - Appendix II that explain how to modify the vhost.conf
This is specific to each plesk environment.
The key element is to modify the open_basedir in the master website and in the slave site to autorize the bidirectional accesss.
You may also have to autozied using the symbolic links. Some Plesk can enable that with FastCGI enable.

Something that frequently must be check and adapted with Plesk is the ownership of the files. Perhaps you need to install suPHP to fix the problem of file/folders ownership.

If you want that we help you configure Plesk environment, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

If you want that we hel
edwin2win
graph

Re: Subdomains & Salve Sites 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok,

If I purchase the tecnical support you configure this (I know all relative to permissions etc but not to subdomains) & explain me how to it?

Then It´s possible to configure with automatic subdomains?

Thanks
celso
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/01/16 23:09 By celso.

Yes we can help you configuring your Plesk with our billable support.
Each time you will setup a new subdomain (or domain), you will have to repeat the Plesk update manually to create the vhost.conf that is required in each domain or subdomain.
This is not automatic.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Subdomains & Salve Sites 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry but my english is no good.

It´s possible to create slave site with subdomain.domain.com structure from front-end and it will work without to create alias domain in plesk manually?
celso
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

If you want to create a website with a subdomain from the front-end, you have to setup manually the HTTP Server (Plesk, cPanel, ...).
If you want to do it automatically, you can add in JMS Multisites menu any PHP script that you will create to do it or create a specific plugin that you would develop to modify your server configuration and declare the domain name.

In cPanel, some customer use the wildcard in the subdomain that result to have all the slave site in the same directory.

In Plesk, I don't know if this is possible to do the same but becarefull that this will result to have all the slave site into the same directory.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla