English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Can't link user sharing
Can't link user sharing 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I have been racking my brain the whole day and have tried many configurations, read/watched through all the tutorials and cannot accomplish my goal.

I want to define a SlaveDomain.com to use the existing user login configurations as the MasterDomain.com.

All of the combinations I have tried so far resulted in:
- Replication/linking of the whole MasterDomain files/folders
- Replication of all the mysql database
--------------------------------------------------------------
The mysql settings:
MasterDomain: jos_ (prefix) at database1
SlaveDomain: jos2_ (prefix) at database 1

In this scenario. I got it to the point where I can have a distinct template, distinct home page, but when I login to the MasterDomain site, the session isn't carried over into the SlaveDomain site. They are two separate mysql users and require me to relogin. I want the user sharing to be link to just one session. Currently login to MasterDomain doesn't automatically log me into SlaveDomain. I have to relogin into the SlaveDomain as well as the MasterDomain.

I want it so that when login into SlaveDomain or MasterDomain will carry the session through out the site.
How can I accomplish this????
therealT
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/05/16 05:03 By therealT.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't link user sharing 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Follow the tutorial video 16
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-16

The sharing of users is something that can only be done when you create the slave site.
Once a slave site is created, you can no more modify it as the DB and MySQL tables are created.
This require to use MySQL 5.0 or higher and have MySQL user privileges.

When you follow the tutorial 16, the expected result is that the MySQL tables for the users, sessions and other are displayed as a link and not as a physical table.

When you create the JMS template rule for the sharing, you have to open the "sharing" tab and select which extension you want to share.

Once the JMS template rule is defined, you can use it to create your slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/05/16 17:21 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla