English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple Exisiting Domains Different Servers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiple Exisiting Domains Different Servers
Multiple Exisiting Domains Different Servers 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
I have existing multple domains on different servers.

I was hoping to use this JMS to setup one as the master and the rest as slave and then use the article sharing to move articles between each site.

Each site has its own DB

I tried setting up the master site, just not sure how to setup the connection to the other existing domains (slaves). The user manual decribes how to setup for multple sites on same server and same db. I need to know how to setup on existing site with separate db for each slave, and setup of a connection to existing "slave"

Is there documentation/tutorial to explain how I can set this up?

or is the beyond JMS?

Thanks
Nica521
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multiple Exisiting Domains Different Servers 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
With JMS, you can setup "fresh" slave sites with different DB connection when you are using the Joomla Installatin procedure - See tutorial step 9 that show you the procedure that will use the Joomla Installation. This is during the Joomla Installation that you specify the database connection.

If you want to move existing "independent Joomla" into JMS, you can copy the existing "configuration.php" files of your existing website into the /multisites/xxx directory where xxx is the JMS slave site identifier. You will have to go later in the Global Configuration of the slave site to update the tmp and log path directory to reflect the new path.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla