English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Change of "Global Configuration" in a slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Change of "Global Configuration" in a slave site
Change of "Global Configuration" in a slave site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello.
A setup of "Global Configuration" after I make a slave site -- changing (site off-line, a SEO setup, etc.) -- a slave site will be displayed although URL is still a master site.
Although it seems that configuration.php of a master site will be changed somehow, are there any measures?
Incidentally, since change of "Global Configuration" is not adapted, the measure against SEO etc. cannot be used.
aguko
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Change of "Global Configuration" in a slave site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Can you give more detailled information.
This is not clear.
Can you give a real sample.

You change Global Configuration of which website (master, slave) ?
Which website is displayed when you use which URL (Slave, Master) ?
Which is the definition of the slave site in JMS ?
Which parameter do you change in the Global Configuration of which website and which is your expected result ? Give a detailled scenario that can be used to reproduce what you describe.

I remember that each website is independent.
Each website has its own joomla configuration (configuration.php) and that the parameters like offline, SEO, ... are saved in this "configuration.php" file.
This is not because you change the Global Configuration of the master that this will also affect the slave site.

You say that the slave site is displayed event when you provide the URL is the master site.
Can you give more detail. I don't understand.
If you mean an URL that this is a sub-directory of the master website URL and that this sub-directory is attached to a slave site, this is totally normal as I remember that each website is totally independent. You have to modify the Global Configuration of the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/06/03 08:48 By edwin2win.

Re:Change of "Global Configuration" in a slave site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
The example which I tried)

1. Installation of joomla
Database Prefix: master_
2. Installation of JMS
3. A slave site is set as a subdirectory using JMS.
site ID: site1
Domain name: {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
Deploy directory: {site_dir}
Database Prefix: site1_
4. Log In to "***.**.com/multisites/site1/administrator"
5. "Site"->"Global Configuration "->"SEO Settings"->"Search Engine Friendly URLs"--"Yes"->Save
6. When it tries to go into a Master site, URL is "***.**.com", but appearance is a slave site(site1).
7. It will be rewritten if "configuration.php" which is in root of a master site by FTP is seen, and it has become "configuration.php" of the slave site(site1).
8. "Search Engine Friendly URLs" had not become "yes" although the "Global Configuration" of the slave site(site1) was checked.
---
System info:
Database Version: 5.0.45
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Web Server: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
---
Once it uninstalled joomla, it tried anew, but it was the same result.
If it is that this problem is special, it may be my server's problem.
Therefore, I also check a server field setup once.
aguko
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/06/04 04:34 By aguko.

Re:Change of "Global Configuration" in a slave site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Edit or view the configuratoin.php files that are present in your root (the master website) and in /multisites/site1 directory.
This will give you the possibility to check the content of those two configuration and verify the table prefix.
Normally in the master website configuration.php you should have the master_ table prefix and in the second your site1_ table prefix.

Based on your point 6, you say that when you go in the URL of the master you see the slave site. The reason could be that the table prefix of the master website is not correct (for unknow reason).
See a master website when you give a slave site URL is possible but the reverse, I have never seen except when you have defined the master URL in the slave site that does not seems the case.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla