English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

problem with template domain-list
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: problem with template domain-list
problem with template domain-list 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

i created a website template on joomla 1.5.10 with jms 1.1.17 that clones a master website to a slave site in one database with individual prefixes.

I have three small issues:

1) Everything is working fine, all fields I enter in the template are automatically transported to the created website except for one: the list of domains.

in the template i have created generic domain names for the salve sites like so:

172.16.0.37/{site_id}

but in the created slave site it is reverted back to the following:

172.16.0.37/

this is not correct, nor unique when i want to create ten sites on the same server/ip-address with just the {site_id} unique. Of course I can manually change this after creating the site, but I would prefer this to work from my template.

2) i wanted the templates to be seperate for each slave site, I have changed the template path in the slave-template but now it just symlinks ja_purity to the master template. Do I have to manually remove the symlink and copy ja_purity from the master to be ables to have different templates with different logo's?

3) i read 1.1.18 is out but i am on 1.1.17. the "check for updates button" says all is well, should I be able to upgrade to 1.1.18 through the GUI?

thanks for an A+ product.
stefan
fritom
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:problem with template domain-list 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Q1) Concerning the 172.16.0.37/{site_id} that become 172.16.0.37/, I have added the recognition of {site_id} for the back-end that will be available in next release JMS 1.1.20.
For the moment, you can use the 172.16.0.37/{site_prefix} that only work when creating a website from the front-end.
You can define a menu entry with type "special" that will be only available by an administrator.
This will allow you create your slave sites as you exepect.

Q2) This is normal that JMS create Symbolic Link into the template folder.
See User Manual page 14.
If you want to copy the directory instead of use the Symbolic Link created by JMS, you can also do it yourself within the specific script that can be called from the front-end.
This require the "billable website" functionality. This will allow you perform the folder copy before that JMS deploy the website. As the directory will be already present, JMS, will continue wth the next step.

Q3) The "Check for Update" is used to synchronize the JMS with the latest "Patches Definitions".
Some changes require update of the JMS kernel itself.
You can always update the JMS kernel when you go on www.jms2win.com/get-latest-version
You will receive a new download ID corresponding to the latest version of the selected products.
The current JMS is 1.1.19
Go in the FAQ to see the JMS change history and the Patches Definition history
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/04/16 17:13 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla