English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisites Single Sign In for Domains
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisites Single Sign In for Domains
Multisites Single Sign In for Domains 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I would like to ask something about your new plugin "Multisites Single Sign In for Domains".

In your documentation, it states "In the case where Jms Multi Sites is not used, it is required that all the website share the same MySQL user data and session data."
The pre-requisite are:
- Share the same MySQL “#__sessions” table;
- Share the same My SQL “#__user*” tables;
- Setup the plugin with the specific “secret” value per domain. (As I am using different secret values for each site.)

I am not using "Jms Multi Sites", and now I have 6 websites with different domains, all with Joomla 1.5.25 installed. Though they are using separate databases, all the 4 user/ACL tables are maintained the same by a synchronization plugin during new user registration and user profile update:
- #__users
- #__core_acl_aro
- #__core_acl_aro_groups (this table normally will not be changed)
- #__core_acl_groups_aro_map
The same user will have the same user ID in all sites, and he is just using the same username and password to login each site. Our synchronization plugin does not do anything for the table "#__session".

In such case, will your SSI Domains plugin work properly? Because I am not professional in MySQL, I wonder if I have interpreted your "table sharing" requirements wrongly.

Thanks for your help!
Michael
michaelyip
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multisites Single Sign In for Domains 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
As the requirement mention it, you need to share the users AND the sessions because Joomla will retreive the session data into the DB.
The SSI Domain plugin result to get the Session ID and allow Joomla retreive the session information in which the user login in formation is present.
So you need to share the session table between the website.

It is possible to share the session table between different DBs.

If you don't know how to share the users and the session, JMS can help doing that for you.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/16 20:56 By edwin2win.

Re: Multisites Single Sign In for Domains 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your suggestion. My boss has just purchased it today, but I failed to make it function properly.

I have 2 domains: "www.domain1.com" and "www.domain2.com/ssotesting/", both are Joomla 1.5.25.

First, I have shared the "#__sessions" table of domain1 to domain2 by using CREATE VIEW. When I login domain2 frontend, I see the GET request like www.domain1.com/plugins/system/multisite.....wbuZnWTVnMkVTUpBXU [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 77ms].

But in domain1, I am not login. When I refresh domain1 page, I see the GET request www.domain2.com/ssotesting/plugins/syste...sidomains/logout.php [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 180ms]. In this case, I am really logout from domain2. (i.e. Logout works, but login doesn't work, no matter which site I am loggin in first.)

Then I tried the followings in sequence, but still doesn't help:
- Using the same Secret Word for both sites.
- Sharing the "#__users" table of domain1 to domain2 as well.

I have also tried enabled the "$ssi_debug = true;" statement and type in the login GET request in a browser directly, but it just responsed:
//ssidomain_login_debug : "Set info for ALL domains";
ssidomain_login = true;

What have I missed? Please help.

Thanks and best regards,
Michael
michaelyip
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Based on your test description, it seems that the login "ping" is OK as it return the expected "true" value.
ssidomain_login = true;

So in terms of "session ID", it should be correctly identical in both website.
The think that you must cross check is that you have correctly share the Session table that seems the case and that you also have the same user table shared with the permission.

I see in the other website that you have "logout" that is called.
I suggest that you test the configuration step by step and that you don't ask the other website to ping back the other website.
The idea is to first check that you can login and avoid that you have a "ping back" that logoff.

Check each time that the return of the "ping" return true.
If you have a "false", this perhaps mean that you use a wrong "secret value".
edwin2win
graph

Re: Multisites Single Sign In for Domains 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Finally I seems have located the problem. One of my site has configured Session Handler as "None". (I've forgotten when and why I have set this.) After changing it back to "Database", then everything works!

So it is a must for this plugin to set Session Handler as "Database", right?

Thanks and regards,
Michael
michaelyip
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Yes you have to set the session in the DB as the MySQL session table must be shared to share the same session info.

I am glad to see that you finaly localize the setting that was not correct.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/22 13:22 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla