English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New users are dissappearing
New users are dissappearing 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
When I make a new user, a few days later the user doesn't exist in the system. I don't have any auto restore to backup enabled. Why would a user suddenly disappear?

Some details:

The system has a master and two slave sites in subdomains. We are sharing the users across both subdomains, so we have a third site for users in it's own subdomain, users.oursites.com.

I have SecuritycheckPro running and its Track Action logs list the creation of the new user in one of the slave sites, who also displays after I create them in the User list. The new user is able to login successfully.

Then a few days later, they email me and they cannot login. I check the user list and they do not exist. I remade their account and email them. They can login, and then a few days later, their account does not exist.

By the way, this user's full name has an apostrophe in it, e.g., Ta'Mora. The account creation process was successful, so I don't think Joomla had a problem with the apostrophe in the name.

This is a Joomla 3.8.8 systems with JMS 1.3.73 Full. PHP is 7.1.33.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2020/01/13 20:02 By azurelink.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New users are dissappearing 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
It happened again. I remade the user account in Joomla in the Users.outsite.com shared user site, it displayed in the slave site user list, then 2 hours later the accountis gone. Also, as a test, I did not include the apostrophe in the users's full name field.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2020/01/14 18:50 By azurelink.

Re: New users are dissappearing 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I found the cause. As mentioned above, this multisite shares users. They all have the SecuritycheckPro extension installed, each with its own config settings (separate databases). One of the slaves had a User Session protection parameter enabled prohibiting the creation of new admin accounts. That was deleting the account after it was created on the other slave. So the warning wasn't displayed in that slave admin area. But it was triggered in the slave with the prohibition enabled.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2020/01/14 19:49 By azurelink.Reason: typo

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla