English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem with installation of extensions on slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problem with installation of extensions on slave
Problem with installation of extensions on slave 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

My master site: www.rcvt-rugby.com, my slaves: www.edr.rcvt-rugby.com, www.competitions.rcvt-rugby.com and others.

I install an extension first on my master site, then on the slave, and receive the message : Message
Cette extension n'existe pas sur le site principal.

Commencez par l'installer sur le site principal avant de l'installer sur un site esclave

But I did install first on the master site...

This is a big problem, I need to install those extensions asap...

Thanks for your help

Regards

Marc
5062C
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with installation of extensions on slave 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
This may happen when some extension bypass the standard joomla installation and have redevelopped their own installation.

Some extension use a temporary extension for the installation of their extension and after installed, they remove the temporary extension.
That mean that when you try to re-install the extension in the slave site then the "temporary" extension does not exists anymore in the master and you receive this message.

A solution consists in desabling the JMS verification.
You can go in the JMS setting and disable the version verification.
In this case, you will no more have this verification but becarefull that if you install an extension with another version than in the master, you may create inconsistencies.
So, we suggest to disable temporarly the version checking - just for the extension that you have verified before re-installing.

Another solution consists in using the JMS Tool menu that is able to install the extension in the slaves.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla