English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave site uses master's configuration file
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site uses master's configuration file
Slave site uses master's configuration file 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Joomla! 3.3.3
MultiSites Version 1.3.33, patches installed

Hi,

I created a slave site using the replicMasterSubdir template (with separate database).

The problem: the slave site uses the master configuration.php file, not the configuration file from the slave subdirectory.

Would you have an idea how I can set the slave site to write on it's configuration file, not on the master's?

Aditional Info:
- If I edit Global Configuration of the slave site with the database details and it's log and tmp paths, it automatically changes the master Global Configuration also, meaning that they use the same configuration file.
- I also have another slave site, created a few months back, that is working fine and uses it's own configuration file.
toshiko
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slave site uses master's configuration file 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Could anyone help with my issue, please?

Does this configuration file issue have anything to do with the symbolic links, and if it does, how can I fix it?

Or should I change some code in the multisite php files?

Thanks
toshiko
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Slave site uses master's configuration file 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If a slave site use the master configuration.php, this can be either due to:
- mispelling the domain name (case sensitive) or missing www and without www domain name
- error when saving the slave site definition. You need to have a success (blue or green message) depending on the joomla version

When you create a slave using the "replicMasterSubdir", the configuration.php is normally stored in the subdirectory.

So if the slave site ID = slave1
then you URL is www.<your domain>/slave1
and the configuration.php is located in the <root directory>/slave1/configuration.php

If you don't have the configuration.php file in the slave1 directory, this could be due to an error in saving the slave site.

You must have the symbolic link functionalities allowed and you should have plenty of symbolic link created in the <root>/slave1 directory

slave1 is a sample.

There is no change to do in multisite php file.
You probably had an error message.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Slave site uses master's configuration file 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks edwin2win,

the url is correct and everything looked fine apparently, until I checked the configuration file, which has the master's details.

My slave site url is www.master.com/slave1 and it's configuration file is located in <root directory>/slave1/configuration.php. This configuration file has all the correct slave site details.

I will check one more time considering your suggestions, maybe I missed something.
toshiko
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla