English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: error message
error message 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi, i have just installed the articles sharing and i saw this error:

Strict standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\wamp\www\ADL\administrator\components\com_multisitescontent\controller.php on line 301
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0009 267032 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0749 4437600 JApplicationCms->execute( ) ..\index.php:42
3 0.0749 4437768 JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute( ) ..\cms.php:255
4 0.1130 7045912 JApplicationAdministrator->dispatch( ) ..\administrator.php:143
5 0.1155 7181288 JComponentHelper::renderComponent( ) ..\administrator.php:98
6 0.1194 7266776 JComponentHelper::executeComponent( ) ..\helper.php:332
7 0.1198 7285032 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\ADL\administrator\components\com_multisitescontent\multisitescontent.php' ) ..\helper.php:352
8 0.1202 7306120 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\ADL\administrator\components\com_multisitescontent\admin.multisitescontent.php' ) ..\multisitescontent.php:1
9 0.1289 8092888 JControllerLegacy->execute( ) ..\admin.multisitescontent.php:77
10 0.1289 8093016 ContentController_j15->about( ) ..\legacy.php:722

May i know if this error can be resolved? If yes, how?

Thanks.
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/03/19 04:55 By alkemdlt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:error message 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I have also this error when creating sites using "multisite"

Error
Unable to create the symbolic link [administrator] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\administrator].

Unable to create the symbolic link [bin] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\bin].
Unable to create the symbolic link [cli] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\cli].
Unable to create the symbolic link [components] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\components].
Unable to create the symbolic link [extensions] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\extensions].
Unable to create the symbolic link [includes] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\includes].
Unable to create the symbolic link [installation(done)] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\installation(done)].
Unable to create the symbolic link [language] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\language].
Unable to create the symbolic link [layouts] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\layouts].
Unable to create the symbolic link [libraries] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\libraries].
Unable to create the symbolic link [media] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\media].
Unable to create the symbolic link [modules] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\modules].
Unable to create the symbolic link [multisites] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\multisites].
Unable to create the symbolic link [plugins] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\plugins].
Unable to create the symbolic link [LICENSE.txt] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\LICENSE.txt].
Unable to create the symbolic link [README.txt] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\README.txt].
Unable to create the symbolic link [defines.php] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\defines.php].
Unable to create the symbolic link [htaccess.txt] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\htaccess.txt].
Unable to create the symbolic link [joomla.xml] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\joomla.xml].
Unable to create the symbolic link [robots.txt.dist] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\robots.txt.dist].
Unable to create the symbolic link [web.config.txt] -> [C:\wamp\www\ADL\web.config.txt].
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:error message 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Concerning the PHP Strict message, they are not critical and you can generally ignore those message by an update of the PHP.ini setup.
Normally, any live environment should not see such message.

Here, I suspect that you see this message because you are working on a development environment where you have asked to report all the errors.

Concering the symbolic link message, it tells you that JMS was not able to create it.
Several reason for that:
- You are working on a Windows platform that does not allow creating symbolic links
- You are trying to create a symbolic link on a directory that physically exists.

So verify if the directory already exists and also if your environment autorize the usage of symbolic link.
See the JMS settins menu to verify if the symbolic is allowed or use the tutorial video 7 (hello worlds) to check your environment.

If you are working on windows and the symbolic link is forbidden and that you want you have this error with a specific JMS template rule, review the rule and set the action to "ignore" if you want to ignore building the symbolic link.
This can be an error due to a backup from an linux environmnet that allows symbolic link and a restore on a windows platform that forbid the symbolic links.
edwin2win
graph

Thanks for the reply.

I have another problem.
I have created a slave site as subdomain of master from your demo ( tutorial.jms2win.com/joomla/multisite-12...-overview/index.html ) it will be identical to "slave 2".
I have also checked the tools to ensure that the article sharing is installed and enabled in both master and slave.
However, when I add the menu item, the site selection does not show the slave as an option. But the video shows that it can be selected.
Do I have to do any additional configuration?
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi,

Sorry. I have found the solution.

Thanks.
alkemdlt
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:error message 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
No problem.
Perhaps that you could share the solution for the other people that would read you.
Thank you
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla