English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Issue with Joomla Themes
Re: Issue with Joomla Themes 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, Thank you for your help so far.

I created a new site using the 'replicMasterSUBDOMAIN' as you suggested.
I also set the template folder to: {deploy_dir}/templates

unfortunately it still only creates a site that is using the base sites template/theme.

Your statement is confusing:

6) If you fix the deploy folder to match the SUBDOMAIN name location on the disk like recommended with the rule subdomain then you don't need to set the image folder value.
The key element is to provide a correct "deploy folder" value that match the subdomain name.

Where is this 'deploy folder' that you mentioned?

FYI I'm installing this on a Windows server and do get the following errors when I create a new site:

Unable to create the symbolic link [administrator] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\administrator].
Unable to create the symbolic link [components] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\components].
Unable to create the symbolic link [includes] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\includes].
Unable to create the symbolic link [language] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\language].
Unable to create the symbolic link [libraries] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\libraries].
Unable to create the symbolic link [media] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\media].
Unable to create the symbolic link [modules] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\modules].
Unable to create the symbolic link [multisites] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\multisites].
Unable to create the symbolic link [plugins] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\plugins].
Unable to create the symbolic link [xmlrpc] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\xmlrpc].
Unable to create the symbolic link [htaccess.txt] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\htaccess.txt].
Unable to create the symbolic link [robots.txt] -> [D:\websites\multi.123racing.com\123racing_joomla\robots.txt].

I looked at the Website Template Details for the 'replicMasterSUBDOMAIN' but not sure if I need to modify it, or how.
I've read through the documentation a few times but con't figure it out.

Thanks.
rudy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Issue with Joomla Themes 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
All I can tell you is to verify the links.

The messages tells you that it tries to create a symbolic link and it rejects.
The reason can be due to the fact that the directory already exists with another link
or that the target directory does not exists
or that you have a problem of permission.

If you are able to create symbolic link for other website, all I can tell you is to verify each path.

If you want that I have a look in your environemnt, this is still possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla