English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Issue with Joomla Themes
Issue with Joomla Themes 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, I have just installed the latest 1.03.3 version of multisites on Joomla 2.5.8 and I'm having a problem setting up the new site theme.

I've tried setting up a replicaMasterDomain and a sharedMasterdomain site.
I chose a new default template in the New Website DB Parameters section but I only see the main sites default template.

What am I missing?

Many thanks.
rudy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/02/20 06:27 By rudy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Issue with Joomla Themes 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Your question is not clear.
What I have understood is that you use JMS 1.3.03 and Joomla 2.5.8

You have tried to use the JMS template rule "replicMasterDomain" and "shareMasterDomain" rule to build slave site.

What do you mean by "I chose a new default template in the New Website DB Parameters section but I only see the main sites default template."

Do you mean that you created a new JMS template rule ?
To see the DB parameter in the JMS template rule, you need to select a website to replicate. Otherwise, you don't have any paramzeters as you don't replicate anything.
You need to select a "template site" in the JMS template rule.
So that you will give a website in input of the "copy machine".
After that you have the New DB paramters available (new DB name, new DB prefix, ...)
edwin2win
graph

Re: Issue with Joomla Themes 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Here are the steps I followed:
1. On the Manage Sites page, I created a new site.
2. Under the General tab I gave it a name 'site1' and a domain 'site1.xxx.com'
3. Under the Templates tab I chose RelicaMasterDomain.
4. Under the New Website DB Parameters tab I gave it a new table prexif of '_site1'
5. Under the New Website DB Parameters tab I also chose a new Default Template for the site.
6. Under the Website Deploy Directory tab I specified a new images folder of '{rel_site_dir}/images'
7. Under the Website Deploy Directory tab I also specified a new themes folder of '{site_dir}/templates'

I expected the new site to use the new joomla template that I specified in step 5 but it still uses the default site template of the master website.

How do I get the new site to use a new Joomla template?

Thanks
rudy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Issue with Joomla Themes 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, still waiting on a reply. We purchased the full copy of this software so would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks.
robearle
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I will try reproducing the procedure that you have described.
edwin2win
graph

I have tried reproducing the error without success but in your description I have noticed several potential issue that might be the reason of the problem.

I did the test on joomla 2.5.9 with JMS 1.3.06 full edition.

Like you (3) I have used the rule replicMasterDomain in which I had to fix several value because the selection of this rule is inconsistency with (2) subdomain name.
In (2), you have mentioned site1.xxx.com that is a subdomain and not a domain.
Theorically you would have to use the replicMasterSUBDOMAIN and not domain.

2) Like you, I have forced the domain value with the subdomain to avoid using the replicMasterDomain rule.

4) Like you, I have forced the table prefix with site1_ (I have put the underscore at the end to be more clear in the DB)

5) I have selected the "atomic" template that is one of available in standard in joomla 2.5

6) If you fix the deploy folder to match the SUBDOMAIN name location on the disk like recommended with the rule subdomain then you don't need to set the image folder value.
The key element is to provide a correct "deploy folder" value that match the subdomain name.

7) I have use the value = {deploy_dir}/templates and NOT the {site_dir}/templates to ensure that the location is the one corresponding to the deploy folder.

In summary:
- Verify the rule that you use (domain, subdomain, subdirectory, multisites).
- Ensure that the "deploy folder" correspond to the domain, subdomain, subdirectory, multisites
- Use the template directoy = {deploy_dir}/templates

Also ensure that you have created the slave site with success (blue message) and that you didn't received any error (red message).

In my case, I had to update the replicMasterDomain to ignore some directory like "cgi-bin" and avoid error message that could be done with physical directory already present that can not be replaced by a symbolic link.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla