English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Very buggy.
Very buggy. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I am having a few problems... I am working with a new install of Joomla 3.0 with a single slave site with the lates version of JMS 1.3.-1

First I am having a problem deleting an site that I created by mistake. It says no site selected, even though i selected it. I saw another person had this problem and it was supposed to be fixed in 1.3, but I am still having this problem.

Second, I can't get components and templates installed on my slave site. I tried first by going to the slave admin and adding the extension there. I get an error:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::data() SimpleXML is enabled in PHP. And I tried switching between PHP 5.3 and 5.4 to see if that helped - which it didn't.

Then I tried to push the component/template over to the slave site by using the master site admin and using the JMS tools to do that. On the JCE editor, I got a SQL error and the other ones (template and K2) seemed to install fine, but neither appear on the slave site.

I did notice this warning error on the slave site -
Warning

JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING

Error loading component: com_k2,

Any help is appreciated.
sonixstudio
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/02/11 06:09 By sonixstudio.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Very buggy. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
First you mentioned that you are using Joomla 3.0 with JMS 1.3.01.
Start updating your JMS with the latest version 1.3.03 before reporting an issue to ensure that it is still present in the latest version.
See the FAQ for the procedure to get the latest version.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122

The selection of site for deletion is normally fixed in JMS 1.3.03

The SimpleXMLElement::data() is normally also fixed in JMS 1.3.03 - This is due to Joomla 3.0 that has removed that.

Concerning the SQL error, can you provide the MySQL error description.

JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING is a message that is displayed by joomla when calling a component (that is defined in the DB) and that does not exists anymore.
This probably mean that you have uninstalled something from the master (remove the PHP code) and that you continue to call this component, module, ... from a slave site.
So verify that you don't call anything that would be uninstalled from the master.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2013/02/13 11:31 By edwin2win.

Re: Very buggy. 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
The update fix the site deletion problem, but I still can't get a component or template loaded on the slave site.

When adding an extension on the slave site - here is the error.
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::data() in C:\HostingSpaces\sonixstudio\sonixstudio.com\administrator\components\com_multisites\libraries\joomla\installer\installer_multisites.php on line 372

When pushing it from the master site, it appears to be fine but never shows up on the slave site...
sonixstudio
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I will try reproducing it on Joomla 3.0
edwin2win
graph

I am able to reproduce the issue relative to the re-installation under Joomla 3.0.
This will be fixed in the next JMS 1.3.04
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla