English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Language configuration
Language configuration 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello, I've a problem with language on my multisites.
I've installed the italian version of joomla as master installation. During the first slave creation, I've copied the file installation_j25.zip in administrator/components/com_multisites/patches.

This is the result:
- In the master installation seems to be installed English and Italian translation
- In the slave, under language menu, I can found only English translation (but the site labels are in italian)
- I can't deploy the italian translation on slave, from multisites tools... The language item, after excute, remain always "Install from master"

Where is the problem?

NB
I can't reach internet form my joomla installation on server.

Thanks
stefano
lineacomune
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Language configuration 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have the italian joomla, you can replace the /installation directory restored by JMS when installing the patches by the original italian joomla "/installation" directory.
Once you have restore the original italian /installation directory, verify the JMS patches.

So when you will create fresh slave site, the joomla web installer will use your italian installation directory.

The languages available are the one that are resulting of the /language directory but under joomla 2.5 it is also required that the language is defined in the DB.
So if the language subdirectories contain the italian one, it is possible that you don't see it in the extension manager / language submenu.

Perhaps that you have to use the "discover" functinality present in the extension manager to discover the language present on the disk and that is not declared in the DB.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla