English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Upgrading from J 3.6.5 to 3.9.8
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Upgrading from J 3.6.5 to 3.9.8
Upgrading from J 3.6.5 to 3.9.8 4 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Is there a recommended sub-upgrade process to upgrade from Joomla 3.6.5 to 3.9.8?
I am creating my Apollo 13 protocol and when I upgrade my test sites to Joomla 3.9.8 and JMS to 1.3.75, I get numerous Joomla db table errors.

I am thinking that it might be possible to avoid those errors by upgrading to 3.8.12 first, or other incremental upgrade steps?

-------

When I did the direct upgrade to Joomla 3.9.8, part of my process was to use the maintenance tool to fix the Joomla tables for each slave, and then login to each slave admin area and do the Database fixes. But after that I still ran into the whitescreen problem when viewing the slave front-end.

Any suggestions?
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Upgrading from J 3.6.5 to 3.9.8 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Unfortunately, joomla does not provide anymore the possibility to install an intermediary upgrade from the extension manager / install.
So there is no choice than upgrade to the latest version
edwin2win
graph

Re: Upgrading from J 3.6.5 to 3.9.8 4 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your reply. It appears that my issue was that I had upgraded Joomla before upgrading my extensions in the master to their latest versions. As you pointed out elsewhere, extensions must be upgraded first before Joomla. So I restored to a 3.6.5 backup and am upgrading the extensions. Extensions which require a more recent version of Joomla (3.7.x) I will do after I upgrade Joomla. So it is working out to be a two-stage process.
azurelink
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2019/07/15 19:22 By azurelink.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla