English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

subdirectory slave site with Falang on Master site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: subdirectory slave site with Falang on Master site
subdirectory slave site with Falang on Master site 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I've just installed the extension on my site on local env. What I want is multilingual master site and multilingual slave site in subdirectory mode.

Master site:
mydomain.com/fr
mydomain.com/en

Slave sites:
mydomain.com/site1/fr
mydomain.com/site1/en
etc.

So I installed the module and after patching, I had an error saying JROUTER_MODE_RAW is already defined. I checked and confirmed that it's defined in libraries/import.php and libraries/import.legacy.php
I'm with last version of Joomla. To continue I've just commented one declaration..

Then I created a slave site using replicMasterSubDir. Everything worked well, I have every tables installed and files copied. I can access administration page of my slave site, but I can't access front end because Falang is always adding a /fr between the domain and subdirectory, so I get 404 error.

I read that JMS plugin is compatible with Falang, so what should I do to make this working ?
Thank you !
Pascal
pascal-ld
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: subdirectory slave site with Falang on Master site 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Pascal, the notice or warning "JROUTER_MODE_RAW" is not an error and is due to the fact that joomla defined it as a "const" instead of a defined and that they can not test if it already defined before to re declared it.
This is joomla regression bug after that they changed "define" into "const" but this is not critical (minor).
This is not a fatal error and in your PHP.ini, you case setup the error level to ignore it.

If you want to let falang, manage the language, you just have to define the slave "mydomain.com/site1" and not provide the language.

Check also if the .htaccess is created and if it manage the SEF.
When you have a .htaccess in a parent directory, it is also used.
That means that the .htaccess present in mydomain.com may affect the mydomain.com/site1

I hope this will help you
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2018/03/18 22:14 By edwin2win.

Re: subdirectory slave site with Falang on Master site 6 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi edwin2win,

thank you for your answer.

For the second question, when I request mydomain.com/site1/fr, I'm redirected to mydomain.com/fr/site1/fr and I get a 404 page.

What kind of rule do you advise in parent htaccess to avoid this behavior ?
pascal-ld
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: subdirectory slave site with Falang on Master site 6 Years ago Karma: 54
It is not easy to answer this question.
What I can tell you is that in Joomla, you have a plugin that manage the language and automatically add the "/fr" to the URL generally based on the browser language.

Concerning FaLang, I don't know exactly if they also have a plugin that do the same.
What you can potentially do is to disable the joomla system plugin that manage the language.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla