English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

GeoIP rsfirewall JMS conflict
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: GeoIP rsfirewall JMS conflict
GeoIP rsfirewall JMS conflict 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare geoip_country_code_by_name() (previously declared in /var/www/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_multisites/classes/geoip.php:379) in /var/www/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/administrator/components/com_rsfirewall/helpers/geoip/database.php on line 6301

with error reporting turned on, on the master site. With error reporting turned on or off, I cannot access the rsfirewall component.

Up until now, JMS has been working fine. I have another installation on the same server that is working fine. It seemed to have started around the time I rebooted the server.

Joomla Version: 3.6.2
JMS Version: 1.3.62
PHP Version: 7.0.11
Centos 6.8

Any advice is appriciated. Thanks
vegaschuck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: GeoIP rsfirewall JMS conflict 7 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
This just reflect that we are both using the standard MaxMind sources.
geoip.php is not a code that we wrote but used from MaxMind that provide the service.

We will have a look if MaxMind has provided a sources that would test if the function is already defined.
If not, we will have to modify the MaxMind code to avoid that but RSFirewall should also do that.

I think that the issue will be located into RSFirewall because JMS is the first application that starts before Joomla and therefore the MaxMind function should not have been defined when starting.
So the fix should be implemented into RSFirewall and you should report the issue to them.

If you don't need the GeoLocalisation present in JMS, you can go in the JMS Settings and in the "(2) Geo-Localisation configuration", disable both the Use Country and City local DBs.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2016/09/28 18:28 By edwin2win.

Re: GeoIP rsfirewall JMS conflict 7 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the quick reply, Edwin.

It was indeed an RSFirewall issue. They released a fix today in their latest version 2.11.2

I should have suspected them first instead of you
vegaschuck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2016/09/28 23:09 By vegaschuck.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla