English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Install options
Install options 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Just wondered what is the best install for the initial Joomla installation and then obviuosly multi sites?

Is it better to install into the doc root or into a sub folder? As Joomla seems to always default to a sub folder anyways.

I know that you would have to access mysite.com/"joomla" to access it, but you could have a default web front end in the doc root which you could link too.

This way the initial Joomla & multi site installation would become a data server serving the master site and slaves. But with the added bonus of not being in the front end, unknown to site snoopers and hackers.

Or does this create operation issues with multi sites.

Or am I talking rubbish?
KevKing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Install options 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Yes you can install JMS after that you have setup a website.

In general, we recommend to put JMS on an empty website and consider the master as a repository where all the extension will be installed and without any content.
After create the first "public" website.

Concerning the directory structure, we published in the "tutorial video 0.b" but also in the different power point of joomla day and Joomla World Conference the recommended directory structure depending on the website type (domain or subdomaain or subdirectory).
To avoid that search engine detect a website as a subdirectory of another one, we recommand a directory naming convention like

domains/DOMAIN1.COM/public_html
domains/DOMAIN1.COM/subdomains/SUBDOMAIN1/public_html

So that each domain or subdomain have their own directory that is never a subdirectory of a public thing.

You can create website like mysite.com/site1 but in this case, all the websites will be saw from the mysite.com

I hope this will help you

See also
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b
www.jms2win.com/en/documentation/doc_det...-day-strasbourg-2012
edwin2win
graph

Re: Install options 10 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes I think so edwin. I am on a very big learning curve. But I aim to get there.

I will hang fire on content creation at the mo.

I have a tutorial inc in the package, do I just click on the link and off we go. I know thats a bit of a silly question, but I'm just thinking of the time of the year.

Itching to get going, and set up my new enterprise. Instead of playing with it.

Kev King
KevKing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla