English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Jom Comment & MyBlog problem
Jom Comment & MyBlog problem 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Hello,

I have set-up a Master site and here installed all extensions we will need for our Multisites project, including MyBlog and Jom Comment.

I have than establish a Slave site on a new Database. I have installed every extension from the Master site at the Slave site but have problems with a fwe extensions.

My problem is that I am not able to install MyBlog and Jom Comment which are both install at the Master site.

The information I am getting is for Jom Comment:

*The version of the extension is not identical to the one installed by the master site. * (Found version: '3.0.1 Build 562' expected: '3.0 Build 562')
* Install Component Error

When I check the Master Sites the Jom Comment installation it is a ver. 3.0.1. and I am using Jom Comment ver 3.0.1 at the Slave site. To make sure I have de-installed Jom Comment and deleted all database table for Jom Comment at the Master Site and than installed Jom Comment again. Still the same result I am getting the above information about that the vesrsion not are indentical.

We are using a Unix server and have "Unix Symbolic Links: Allowed"

I have spent several hours to figure out what is wrong but now run out of ideas so please let me know what I can do about this problem.

Thanks,
FH45
FH45
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Jom Comment & MyBlog problem 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't see how it is possible to have on the master website the version 3.0.1 as you say.
JMS read directly the file present on the disk for the specific component and if it tells you that the version is 3.0 and not 3.0.1 this is because the manifest files ( .xml) that describe the component has this value.

The problem is that Jom Comment installed on the master website is a version 3.0 (the expected) and that you want to install Jom_Comment 3.0.1 on a slave site.
You have to update or upgrade your master website with the Jom_Comment 3.0.1.

Check the "manfiest" file ( .xml) present in the administrator/components/xxx where xxx is the component name corresponding to jom_comment and search for the files .xml (perhaps there is only one). You should find the version number as written in one of those file.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Jom Comment & MyBlog problem 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi Edwin,

Thank you for your reply. It was a Azrul problem as the upgrade on both Joom Comment and MyBlog leave the xml file from the previous version, when I delted the old xml files the installation at the Slave was just working perfect.

I have now finalised the installations of all need extensions at the Slave and have problems with Docman, Jcal and JCE extension please see the error messages below.

I hope you will be able to help me on these issues too.

Your Joomla extension and the ideas behind is great and I am looking forward to get our first network of multi sites finalised and also to get

my hands on the Multi Site Content which I bought yesterday. A review is on the way at Joomla Org from me.

Thanks
FH45

Docman:

bot_doclink 1.4.0rc1
Slave
* This extension is not found in the master site.
* Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
* Install mambot Error

Master
JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/home/intrafla/public_html/plugins/editors-xtd/doclink/dldialog.js'. Please initially check

whether:
• the Extension is already installed
• the file names in the XML file are spelled correctly
• there are no XML files listed inside the extension.xml file
• all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries
• there is an empty folder listed from a previous installation attempt

Jcal:

Slave

* Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
* Install mambot Error

Master
JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/home/intrafla/public_html/plugins/search/bot_jcalclient_search.php'. Please initially check
whether:
• all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries

Slave:

* Install mambot Error

Master
JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/home/intrafla/public_html/plugins/content/bot_jcalclient_latest_events.php'. Please initially

check whether:
FH45
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/03/01 02:56 By FH45.

Re:Jom Comment & MyBlog problem 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
In both case (DocMan and JCal), JMS reply that the extension is not installed in the master "This extension is not found in the master site." because it does find any manifest files (.xml) in there corresponding administration directory.

It seems that when you try to install those extensions on the master website, there are rejected because there is already folders present on the disk "There is already a folder called" and that Joomla (not JMS) suspect that it was installed previously or that another extension use the same name.
Therefore, you have to install those component correctly on the master before to proceed to the installation on the slave sites.
Check that the extension is installed and that you can find its version number.
Go in Joomla Extension and in the panel where you can un-install them (component, moduler, ...).
You will see the version number.
If you don't seen any version number, this means that the manifest files is not present.
If the manifest files (the .xml) is not present, this explain why slave site is not able to retreive the information and ask you to install the extension on the master before.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla