English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Joomla Pack
Joomla Pack 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Joomla Pack has become one of my favorite extensions, it allows me to restore websites whenever my clients mess them up. Saves me a lot of time. Haven't tried it but can't image it works due to the nature of the program. Is there any way to efficiently create backups/restore backups using joomla multi site?
wtfbrb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Joomla Pack 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
I have already posted many reply concerning the BAD accuracy of Joomla Pack.
It does NOT perform a correct backup and is NOT able to backup the shared extension.
It also NOT able to perform a correct backup of the files present on the disk.

I have planed to write a correct backup / restore tool but I have not time for the moment.

Personnally, I use the PHPMyAdmin export / import procedure that provide a correct backup.

I also use unix command "tar -cvf" (backup) and "tar -xvf" (restore)

The Joomla Pack is only able to backup MySQL 4.x DB functionalities and NOT all the MySQL 5.x functionalities used by JMS.

I know there are other backup tools that I have not tested.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Joomla Pack 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

This was indeed also one of my worries. Keep us posted.

Thanks
Bart
bartjanssen@mac.com
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Edwin,

With all due respect, I think you are not giving JoomlaPack enough credit, or treating it fair.

Version 2.3 (released a week ago) can backup and restore MySQL tables and views natively. It can also backup and restore symlinks. It can even use mysqldump so you can't claim "It does NOT perform a correct backup and is NOT able to backup the shared extension."

It also supports storing and restoring symlinks as such (instead of dereferencing them) so the statement "It also NOT able to perform a correct backup of the files present on the disk" is at least dubious.

I just happened to run across this post while Googling for something else. If you really feel that JoomlaPack lacks certain features which could make it compatible with your extension, why didn't you contact us? We always listen to people and other extension developers. That's how all the JP features found their way from the wish-list to the implemented feature set. I am open-minded and welcome constructive criticism, but I can't guess where to look for it

I would really appreciate a list of problems JoomlaPack causes with JMS-powered sites so that I can resolve them in the next release.

I am looking forward to your feedback.
nikosdion
JoomlaPack Lead Developer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male nikouki nikosdion@gmail.com sledge81@hotmail.com Location: Nikea, Greece Birthday: 02/20
Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
JoomlaPack Lead Developer and Project Leader

Re:Joomla Pack 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Perhaps they have finally release a new JoomlaPack last week that we will review.
All our post were correct and we had tested previous JoomlaPack that had failed in many places.

As you mentioned that they have now a new release that should backup now correctly the DB and files and the folder, we will retest the new version and we hope they will finally fix their problem.
That would be a good news.
Thank you for having reported us this new version that we will review again.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/08/17 09:57 By edwin2win.

Hi Nick, Great to heat I can use Joomlapack for this. Any change i can find the correct settings anywhere to have my entire domain included in the backup? (all sites and databases using Multisite)?
Thanks
Bart
bartjanssen@mac.com
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla