English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Prevent the sharing of K2 articles on slave subdir
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Prevent the sharing of K2 articles on slave subdir
Prevent the sharing of K2 articles on slave subdir 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a main site and plan on having dozens of slave sites running in sub-directories. Currently I am using K2 to create articles on the main site but I want that the slave sites can create their own unique K2 articles.

Right now when I create a slave site and create a new article, that article is reflected on the main site as well. How do I stop such K2 article sharing across sites?
wasimkhan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Prevent the sharing of K2 articles on slave subdir 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If you have the K2 article present in both site, this probably mean that you have decided to share them between website.

The first thing to do is to verify that you have effectivelly shared the K2 content between the websites.
Go in the JMS tools and verify that the table for this website has effectivelly links to the other site.
If this is the case and that all the take of K2 are shared then what you want is to replace the sharing by a physical copy.

To do that, you need to remove (drop) the table.
This can be done by the uninstall of K2 in the slave site that contain the sharing.
When K2 is uninstalled, you can decide to re-install it and will perform a physical copy.

K2 does not provide partial sharing.
So it is not possible to partially share the K2 content depending on the website.
This share all its content or nothing.

For the partial sharing, see the "Article Sharing for JMS"
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...67&category_id=1
that is based on the standard joomla articles.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2015/02/03 11:19 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla