English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to import a legacy site with separate content?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How to import a legacy site with separate content?
How to import a legacy site with separate content? 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm having problems understanding how to import a legacy site as a slave site.

Your tutorial seems to only demonstrate creating a slave site as a subdomain, not as a AddOn domain.

But I seem to have successfully created one as a cPanel AddOn domain. But I'm not sure I am doing everything I need to do in the right order nor how to do it.

Here are my requirements:

• All sites have separate databases, articles, images, modules, templates.
• No site will every be duplicated from another.
• Each site will have its own domain name,ie., www.slave1.com, www.slave2.com, etc.

I have ascertained from trial and error that it looks like the process is as follows:

1. Create an AddOn domain for each slave in cPanel, which creates the deploy directory for it.

2. Create a new template for the slave site.

Q: Since each database will be different, do I need to replicate from a site, or should I just use the freshSlaveDomain template?

3. Create a new slave site and specify deploy directory, images, images, and template directory.

Q: If I use the freshSlaveDomain template, it copies the master site into the deploy directory as well as the master database.

4. Copy the content of my legacy "images" directory into my new specific images directory.

Q: I haven't done this yet, so I can you answer if this is correct?

5. Install all of the extensions into the master, and then install into the slave.

Q: Do I have to install extensions in all slaves, or just into the ones that actually use the extension?

Q: How do I import my legacy database into the system so that I have all of my users (including super admin) content, menus, modules, etc.?

Please help,
Bruce
phmc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/12/04 21:58 By phmc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla