English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

unique groups of jomsocial per site but same users
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: unique groups of jomsocial per site but same users
unique groups of jomsocial per site but same users 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi my goal is to have as easy as possible to manage a number of jomsocial sites, where users of site 1 can also be user of site 2. i see that multi sites can solve this, but there are some things that are not quite clear to me.

with multi sites, a common database is shared between sites. thus users of site 1 can be users of site 2 depending on access rights. my problem is with jomsocial. will the groups in site 1 be the same groups in site 2? or will the groups in site 1 be also visible in site 2?

thanks
mattsl
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: unique groups of jomsocial per site but same users 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning JomSocial, it is effectivelly possible to share the users between the websites.
In this case, this will share all the JomSocial content except the configuration.

So in terms of JomSocial group they will be shared.
So the group in Site 1 will also the group in Site 2
edwin2win
graph

Re: unique groups of jomsocial per site but same users 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
just to clarify ... i thought there is like a way where two sites maintain different databases. like to separately installed joomla sites, so different jomsocial groups, but they somehow share user names and passwords or at least sync with some basic user fields like the username and password only.

is this possible?
mattsl
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: unique groups of jomsocial per site but same users 11 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
You can have separated DB for the websites but in this case you not not share the JomSocial user.
All you could do is share the Joomla user but not the JomSocial info.

So you could only share the joomla username and password.

This should be possible.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla