English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre-sale questions
Pre-sale questions 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, I have some questions before purchasing your extension.
On a project of mine, I have to have a "master" site where I have some content (default Joomla articles) and I'd wish to "share" them with "slave" sites.
Is that possible?

Let's say I change the "Where we are" article on the master, this change will reflect on slaves, too?
What about if I want to override this behaviour? For example I change the "Where we are" on the master, every slave gets updated. Can I prevent this on a particular slave or I'll have to "adjust" this site?

Regarding modules, can I "propagate" changes on "slave" sites, in the same way I'd wish to do with articles?

Hope to ear you soon
tampe125
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pre-sale questions 11 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
By default, each slave site have their own content beause they use their own DB or at least specific table prefix when sharing the same DB.
So the article are specific in each website but also the menu, forum, contact, ...., everything is specific as long as you don't share any DB content.

To share the content between website, you need a specific action.
You can only share the content of a limited number of extensions.
See the list of extension defined in the JMS tool menu
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53

If you want to share the article between websites, see our "article sharing for JMS" that is an additional extension that you can add to JMS in aim to read the articles from another websites.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...47&category_id=1

See also the demo
tutorial.jms2win.com/joomla/multisite-12...ingforjms/index.html

The concept of JMS is based on the sharing.
Therefore, there is no duplication of information and no need to synchronize or propagate something as it is physically shared (unique).
That mean that when you update an article that is read by other websites, they are automatically updated.
If you want to reading a shared article in a slave site, you have to change the menu item to make reference to a local article instead of a shared article present on another website.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla