English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How does it work?
How does it work? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi There

Its looks very interesting extensions with our needs but i was not able to find some basic information. Can you please guide us with following:

Lets talk about 1 Master and 2 slave site:
Master website have Joomla 3.2 , Virtuemart 3.0

Question 1:
If i create Slave 1 site:
Does it copy all joomla files from master site to slave 1 folder?
OR slave 1 site use all joomla file from master site and just have separate database or table prefix and configuration file.

Question 2:
If i upgrade joomla 3.2 to 3.3 in master site does it update automatically to slave 1 and slave 2 site or I have to update slave 1 and 2 site separately.

Question 3:
If i have Virtuemart 3.0 in master site can i make it available only for Slave 2 site and salve 1 site can't access virtuemart from his joomla panel(I also don't want slave 2 site owner to install from his admin panel, I want them to use from master site).

Also if Master site upgrade Virtuemart 3.0 to 3.1 does this update automatically apply to slave 2 site.

Question 4:
I believe i see some where you hacked joomla core file? If that's true how we can maintain Joomla upgrade?

Question 5:
As it is open source i see in installation guide you need to register product using your site user name and password. What exactly user register here?
Does any of code or feature have any connection with your server or its completely depend on our server once we purchased.

Thanks in advance for your response.
RR
goreserva
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How does it work? 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
I suppose that you question is just an hypothesis because Joomla 3.2 does not exists and VirtueMart 3.0 does not exists yet.

I suppose that you mean Joomla 3.0.2 and VirtueMart 2.0

1) As explained in the tutorial video, the concept of JMS is based on the sharing of the same joomla application.
Therefore, there is no copy but sharing.
If you want to copy everything, you can create JMS template to copy the files but in this case, you will have to synchronize them manually. JMS does not contain any synchronisation system. It is based on the sharing to avoid duplication that require synchronization.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0a

2) See user manual chapter 8 that describe the update, upgrade procedure.
We also have described that serveral time in forum.
In summary, the update mean that only the PHP code is updated and the DB structure is not changed. In this case, you can update once.
In case of an upgrade, the DB structure can be altered and therefore, you need to re-apply the upgrade on each slave site to upgrade the DB structure. In JMS 1.3 we have introduced a new maintenance menu to help verifying such DB datamodel and provide tool to help fixing the DB datamodel modifications.

Also see the standard joomla "extension manager" / database / fix added by Joomla in 2.5

3) Same question that previous one.
See user manual chapter 8 and the difference between update and upgrade.
The key element is the DB structure (datamodel)
If structure is change, you have to upgrade all the slave site.
Otherwise when the DB structure is unchanged, you can just update the PHP code.

4) Yes we hack the code of joomla.
You can update your joomla and JMS will detect the changed and re-apply the hack on the new code. So that, you can benefit of the security fix or bug fix performed by Joomla. We do not replace the source of joomla by our source but patch the joomla files to allow the update.

5) The registration allows you access the update of JMS and receive the patches that we add in JMS. The registration is also required to propose a server to create website from the front-end (case of full edition).
The registration calls our sever.

If you don't register, you need to go manually on our website and re-download JMS to get the latest version.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla