English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: No database type selectable
No database type selectable 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I've got a Problem with my JMS-Master Joomla Backend configuration. I'm unable to set the database type. The dropdown list just offers "none". The same in every Slave configuration.

I added $dbtype = 'mysql'; manually in the configuration.php, it was emtpy before. If I create a new Slave now, it works - until I make a change in a Slaves Backend configuration (eg. changing the site title). The only option for the database type is "none", too. And it saves this setting to its configuration.php. In this case I'm getting an "Unable to load Database Driver:" -Error in JMS-Master.

I'm using JMS 1.2.86 and Patches definition version 1.2.81, Joomla Version 2.5.3

I'd be very grateful for help
Advo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: No database type selectable 12 Years ago Karma: 54
Can you clarify in which menu you try to get the list of Database type ?

Is this in the Site / Global Configuration / Server tab, Database setting / Database type ?

Or during the isntallation of a fresh slave site / step 4 - databasse / where the database type combo is displayed ?

I suspect that the reason is due to a permission issue somewhere in the /libraries/joomla/database/database directory to access the list of Database type available.

I suppose that if it can not read or get the list, the Database type is empty.

So check the permissions.

Another possible reason is that your apache does not contain the MySQLi and MySQL apache module installed.
In this case, as the API is not installed in your apache, Joomla consider that it is not available.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/04/24 17:12 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla