English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Images for slave site not showing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Images for slave site not showing
Images for slave site not showing 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Using version Version 1.2.52

The images in a slavr site are not working. Media manager knows the image is uploaded, but does not display it.

For example, setting the images path in Options to the default images uploads images to the master site and not to the slave site. In Media Manager the images shown are for the Master site, but the images do not show because the URL is for the new domain, and so www.newdomain.com/images/ goes to the slave site folder multisites/site2/images.

Changing the images path in Options to the slave site /multisites/site2/images/ has a similar effect... the image this time uploads to the slave site directory, but they are not displayed because in media manager the URL will be www.newsite.com/multisites/site2/images/imagename.jpg which of course will not work, because www.newsite.com/images/imagename.jpg will map to the image for the slave site.

I tried setting the path in the site settings in multisite manager but it had no effect.

Please can you explain how to get images working in the admin and showing on the site, using a slave site own images folder for that site?

Thanks
amityweb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Web Design Cardiff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Images for slave site not showing 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Start to update your JMS with the latest version.
See the FAQ for the procedure to get the latest version.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122

Becarefull that when you change the media folder, you need to provide a relative path and not a full path.
The parameters is also available in Joomla Global Configuration / media settings.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Images for slave site not showing 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Thanks, but I cant upgrade, I tried before and it uninstalled instead. I have another support request about this. I have abandoned JMS now sorry, due to issues like this. Found something else.
amityweb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Web Design Cardiff

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla