English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites
Re:Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Any progress toward peace between YooTheme and JMS2WIN? Widgetkit is a 'must have' with MultiSites...
bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
There is no progress because we are not able to reproduce any issue with Widget kit.

For us, it is working correctly.

The problem that you report is specific to the fact that you rename things and as mentioned earlier, this effectivelly affect the widgetkit.

If you want that we have a look on your specific environment, this is possible with our billable support that can always be purchased at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I have two databases:

master_
testsite_

..with separate users master_master and master_slave assigned to each database (master_, testsite_ respectively).

The master Joomla site is installed on the master DB, the testsite replicated to the testsite_ DB.

When I install a 'novel' template (ie not installed on any master or slave site), it is installed in the /templates folder of the master site with the database table entries in the testsite's DB. Is this how you've made JMS to work?

In some scenarios, having the template installed in the master site's template folder would not be an issue. It is an issue for me, though. I need the template to exist in the testsite's template folder so I can modify the css, etc. Furthermore, installing the current WARP patch/plugin shreds everything. At one point, I was getting symlinks to templates in the /administrator folder of the master site. When that thing fails to patch perfectly, it destroys the integrity of many settings/files on a multisite. The ZOO patch is at the root of the problem. FYI, I'm using the latest version of ZOO (..20).

Here's a snapshot of the settings, you should be able to replicate the conditions from this:

bonfiresalomon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/22 22:49 By bonfiresalomon.

Re:Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to have a specific joomla /templates directory, see the tutorial video CP-05.

Here it seems that you setup the slave site to have its own /templates directory.
As I don't see the "Files and folder" tabs, I can not tell you if inside the "/templates" directory you have a symbolic link or a copy of the templates. I suspect that you use the action = "special copy" that will result on a symbolic link. If you use the templates action = "copy" you would get a copy of the directory.

Becarefull that once a directory is created, JMS will not change it (event if you change the rule in the slave site definition). You will have to delete it manually and after open/re-save in JMS to rebuild it.

Concerning Yoothemes and the WARP library, you probably need the JMS patches for Yoothemes. Verify the version of joomla and the version of WARP.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/06/25 15:21 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla