English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites
Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm running Joomla 2.5.2 with the latest version of Widgetkit from yootheme.

When I try access widgetkit in the slave site admin it does not display correctly. The page is just filled with text and the buttons don't work to create new slideshows etc.

It seems to be a java issue.

Can you please look into this and let me know if a solution exists?

Here is a screenshot example:

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Concerrning YooThemes templates, components, modules, (extensions in general) they are using a WAPR framework that has bugs.

We developed a specific extension "patches for YooThemes" that fix a limited number of bugs present in YooThemes.
So you need to install these patches to help you using the "WidgetKit".
Remark: The patches was not tested on Joomla 2.5. The latest time that we reviewed the patches, that was for Joomla 1.7.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...46&category_id=1

We also know that in the Yoothemes forum, you will find some post that provide some fix to apply in YooThemes libraries.
We suggest that you report the bug to YooThemes.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for the update. Considering the patches are charged at Euro50 and Joomla 2.5+ has been released for some time now, is there a plan to review and update the patches to Joomla 2.5? I'm not keen to purchase the patches and then find out that they are not compatible.

Hopefully this is of value to other JMS customers considering that Yoothemes are one of the most popuplar template providers around.

I'm happy to report this via the Yootheme forums however what would you suggest I report specifically? I don't think that reporting 'there are bugs' would hold any value to the Yootheme technical team. Can you let me know what is causing the issues and what they should investigate on their side?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Issue with Widgetkit on Slave Sites 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
The problem is mainly due to the fact that YooThemes compute path to build URL and the path that they compute is wrong.
As they does not use the Joomla JPATH_ROOT or similar to compute the path of the files and URL, they make error when computing things based on the physical file location.

The problem is that the slave site are access via symbolic link and that the path that YooThemes compute does not reflect the SL path but the physical location that is wrong.

The can NOT compute the path use dirname( __FILE__) because the value returned by PHP return a physical location and not the symbolic link path.
When they compute the place where Joomla is located to derive values for the templates location, javascript and other thing, they get wrong path.

They have to use the defines assigned in Joomla and not recompute them.
edwin2win
graph

Hi Edwin,

I've installed the Yootheme patch on 2 different Joomla 2.5.3 installations and found that the patch does not work with the latest version of Widgetkit.

1) Please can you let me know a realistic timeframe for upgrading the patch?

2) Also please let me know if I can deploy my slave sites and install the patch after or do I need to deploy the slave sites with the patch already installed?

I have a site due to go live in 3 weeks and need to know if we can continue forward with it or not.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/23 03:28 By TonyGee.

Hi Edwin,

Just a gentle bump on this post. I'm quite anxious to use widgetkit for my new site.

Please can you confirm if you can update the patch for Joomla 2.5+?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla