English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Article Sharing isn't working correctly.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Article Sharing isn't working correctly.
Article Sharing isn't working correctly. 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have the Article Sharing plugin installed, and wish to update the articles on my slave sites from the master site.

When I use the Tools and go to com_content and click "propagate to children" and "overwrite," then hit execute, I get the following error:

Install component 'root' menu error query [REPLACE INTO #__components VALUES( 0, 'Multi Sites Articles sharing', 'option=com_multisitescontent', 0, 0, 'option=com_multisitescontent', 'Multi Sites Articles sharing', 'com_multisitescontent', 0, 'components/com_multisitescontent/images/multisitescontent_icon.gif', 0, '', 1 )]. DB Error: Table 'moreinc_slave1.slave1_components' doesn't exist SQL=REPLACE INTO slave1_components VALUES( 0, 'Multi Sites Articles sharing', 'option=com_multisitescontent', 0, 0, 'option=com_multisitescontent', 'Multi Sites Articles sharing', 'com_multisitescontent', 0, 'components/com_multisitescontent/images/multisitescontent_icon.gif', 0, '', 1 )

Could you please help me understand why this isn't working? I see green check marks next to the child databases, but the master db has a red X icon, and the above error message. When I visit the slave sites, the articles have not updated.

My browser's cache has been cleared.

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Matt
silverthread
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Article Sharing isn't working correctly. 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I think that you make confision between the "Article Sharing for JMS" extension and the functionality that consists in the JMS tool to overwrite the content of an extension.

The "Article Sharing for JMS" does NOT own any content.
The content is the joomla article content and the "Article Sharing for JMS" directly read the other DB to get the articles.
So you can use the "overwrite" functionality for the "Article Sharing for JMS" as there is not content to update.

On which Joomla version do you have this error message reported ?
Do you have that with Joomla 1.5 or 1.7 or 2.5 ?

I suppose that you are working on Joomla 1.5.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla