English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem with Acesef 1.5 upgrade on JMS 1.2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problem with Acesef 1.5 upgrade on JMS 1.2
Problem with Acesef 1.5 upgrade on JMS 1.2 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I am using Acesef 1.3.x on JMS 1.2.x without problems for a long time but after upgrading Acesef to version 1.5 I was not able to install JMS patches and my sites had crashed.
guzolo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with Acesef 1.5 upgrade on JMS 1.2 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Send us the Acesef 1.5 in the attachement of an email.
We will review it and check if their new version impacted the JMS Patches. (I suppose YES based on your description).
I suspect that the refactor their application to change their configuration files and the routine to manage their configuration.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Problem with Acesef 1.5 upgrade on JMS 1.2 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I just had the same problem - it crashed my sites - i uninstalled and reinstalled the previous version. I got the site was back online, but the SEF urls are not working. Is there a fix for this yet?
markredmond9
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Problem with Acesef 1.5 upgrade on JMS 1.2 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I am adding the following information to my previous post. When i upgraded using the auto upgrade feature in ACESEF, it crashed the ACESEF component, as well as JMS Multisites. I then found the following on the ACESEF website:

Please, apply the following steps one by one:

1. Backup your site, we recommend you to use the Akeeba Backup component.

2. Download this file, unzip and upload it via FTP to administrator/components/com_acesef/models folder.

3. For commercial AceSEF extensions, fill the Download-ID field, click here for more info.

4. Make sure that the Path to Temp-folder field is valid in Joomla's Global Configuration

5. Upgrade AceSEF using automatic or manual method.

6. Upgrade all 3rd party extensions you've installed.

I followed the directions, and it fixed the problem of the ACESEF crashes, but it did not fix the JMS multsites problem.

I again had to manually delete some of the ACESEF php files in order to be able to log into the administrator window. I then reinstalled the previous version 1.3 and was able to get the site back up. I am still not getting the SEF URLs to work.

I am also seeing the following message on the Mulitsites Site Manager window:
New extension present in the website template that could require a refresh. (The number of tables is different). Edit and resave the slave site to synchronize it with its website template.

I do not know what this is telling me to do. I went to the slave site, and saved an article, but nothing seemed to happen, the message is still there.

Thank for your help Edwin, I know this is mostly caused by ACESEF.

Mark
markredmond9
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

AceSEF definition is added in JMS Multisites patches defintion version 1.2.43.
So if you have this version, you should be able to install the patches for AceSEF 1.5.1 that is the version that we tested.

See also the release note that mention that
www.jms2win.com/faq/patches-definition-v12x
www.jms2win.com/faq/change-history-v12x
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/09/21 10:15 By edwin2win.

The upgrade of AceSEF 1.3 to 1.5 impact the DB layout and when you have upgraded the AceSEF on the master website, the access to the slave site is forbidden due to the fact that the AceSEF seems also be called to access the back-end.
This result that it is not possible to try re-installing the AceSEF from the back-end of the slave site.
In addition, when you have the access the back-end of the slave site, the installation of the the new version of AceSEF does not modiify the existing DB table to adapt them to the nex layout requested by the AceSEF 1.5

The only solution is to un-install AceSEF from the master JMS Tools and re-install it.
So if you have specific configuration or specific URL defined in the slave site, it is recommended that you perform a backup before replacing the AceSEF with a fresh installation.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla