English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Changing Site Status
Changing Site Status 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Changing site status to anything other then Confirmed has no effect on the site. It does not take the site off line. I wonder if a bug was introduced with this.

"# Always check the validity expiration to be able redirect the user to the expired URL when it is present;"
DaveC
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Changing Site Status 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
The fact that you put a website in status other than "confirmed" means that JMS Multisites does not perform any process for this slave site and select the appropriate "configuration.php" file to get the database connection.

When you deploy a slave site into a specific directory, this create plenty of symbolic links that has for objective to create a duplicated joomla architecture that point on the master physical directories.

So when the HTTP Server is defined with this specific directory, that mean that JMS Multisites is not really called to process the slave site as everything is already defined like joomla do it with a standalone installation. In fact when you say "cancelled" or anything different of "confirmed", the JMS Multisites result is do nothing. So as you are already on a directory with everythiing files present, it continues execute the current files present in this "slave" root document directory. Only the expiration URL should be applicable when the website is "confirmed" and it is expired.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Changing Site Status 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
So what you are saying is the way I am setup the only thing I can do is set the expired date?

I can't set the site status anymore? this is expected behavior?
DaveC
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Changing Site Status 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin

I have run across another issue I hope you can help me out with.

I need to set the DoccumentRoot properly to make all aspects of the site work. The problem is with the DocRoot set it bypasses the expired date because it is no longer using the main config_multisites.conf to look for the location of the site.

In someway the site redirection would need to happen at the site, not in the main configuration. I did notice that you show the expire setting in the {site_id}/config_multisites.conf but it has no effect on the site when the expire date is set.

Dave
DaveC
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Changing Site Status 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Which version of JMS Multisites are you using ?

Such problem were fixed in version 1.2.35.

This is not the individual {site_id} configuration that is the trigger for the expiration.
This is just a saved information to be able rebuild the master index where is stored a duplicate info to speed up the processing.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Changing Site Status 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin

The {site_id}/config_multisites.conf was ment that it was the site config, not the master config.

This only happens when I have my DoccumentRoot set to the site dir. I am using the latest version of JMS.

Dave
DaveC
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla