English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Creating first Slave Site Error
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Creating first Slave Site Error
Creating first Slave Site Error 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I bought your component because it appeared to me that it would do what I needed to do for my client, which was share a single Joomla installation over a public main site (www.mainsite.com), and a password protected members subdomain (members.mainsite.com).

I installed the component into the main site's joomla installation, and proceeded to set up the slave site at which time it completely installed a fresh copy of joomla into my main site.

So i went to the site manager on the back end and tried to delete the slave that I thought I set up, and instead it deleted my entire home directory, along with my personal website and all my other clients websites as well.

I completely lost my /public_html/ folder. It no longer exists on my web server.

May I make a recommendation? Find someone that can translate your tutorials into PROPER AMERICAN ENGLISH, so we can understand them completely.

If and when I get my web server restored properly, I will come back here to explain the error I received when trying to set up the slave site, before my entire web server was deleted by your component.
averagejoe77
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Creating first Slave Site Error 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't think this is a problem of english.
I think you have deleted a directory that was a root directory in which you have put aother subdirectory of other slave.

If for example you defined
slave1 in directrory /home/myaccount/slave1
sub1 in directory /home/myaccount/slave1/sub1

then if you delete slave1, this delete the directory /home/myaccount/slave1 including all the subdirectories.

This is not a problem of documentation.

On any system, when you delete something, you have to read carefully and cross-check that you don't delete unexpected thing.

If you had read the message displayed by JMS Multsiites, it is written something like

The site 'XXXX' will be deleted.
This means that all the content of directory 'YYYYYYYYYYY' will be deleted.
If you have added files in this directory and you want keep them, please cancel.
Press the delete button to confirm and proceed with the deletion.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/08/29 12:31 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla