English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

blank page as slave site instead of joomla install
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: blank page as slave site instead of joomla install
blank page as slave site instead of joomla install 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I purchased JMS Multisite, installed it successfully, and tried to create a slave site (sla001). My new subdomain (www.marlene-mustermann.gesund.biz) is mapped to the directory "...multisites/sla001". As supposed, I should now be able to go to my new subdomain and Joomla will request me a new installation (as usual). Instead of this I get a blank page.

My used system:
Joomla Multi Sites version: 1.2.35
Patches definition version: 1.2.41
Joomla version: 1.5.20
Test-Website (Master): www.sicherung-joomla-gesundbiz-2.gesund.biz
Slave site (sla001): www.marlene-mustermann.gesund.biz

How to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!
juepaul
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: blank page as slave site instead of joomla install 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
As you could read in the forum several time, the symptom of a blank page is probably due to a PHP syntax error.
In general you have a "error_log" file present on your server that may give you more information.
A potential reason of such PHP Syntax error is when the website try to access a file where it has not the permission.
edwin2win
graph

Re: blank page as slave site instead of joomla install 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I have read about blank pages in the forum. But I donĀ“t find an "error_log" file that would give me the file source and line that causes the error. I checked my webspace logs directory. Where else could I find an "error_log" file?

What kind of PHP syntax errors this could be? Do you have typical examples? In which files do I have to look for? I have no idea.

Thanks for answering!
juepaul
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: blank page as slave site instead of joomla install 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Oh, yes, I found a file "error.php" in the joomla/logs directory. Sorry. But there were no errors logged about this problem. The last entry was two years ago.

So could there be another reason for blank pages than a PHP syntax error?
juepaul
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla