English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Image upload errors on slave of slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Image upload errors on slave of slave
Image upload errors on slave of slave 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I have created a slave from my master. Edited the slave and are able to upload photos and images. Now that I have the slave the way that I want it, I set out to make copies of the slave.

www.xxxxx.com/parent
www.xxxxx.com/parent/family

But on the slave of the slave we can change articles from the frontend no problem. The only issue we have is uploading images and photos through the site.

Checked the configuration and it has the correct settings.
Path to Media Folder = images
Path to Image Folder= images/stories

FTP settings are edited to the ../parent/family folder.

We can not edit the configuration.php through the administrator. We continue to have FTP::Write Bad Response and these errors.

All the folders are 777 but still we continue to get these errors too.

* JFTP::mkdir: Bad response
* JFTP::chmod: Bad response
* Cannot Create Folder resizing picture, Please, check upload directory is correct and accessible
* Cannot Create Folder resizing picture, Please, check upload directory is correct and accessible

So we can create sites, copy folders but just can't get images uploaded. Any suggestions?

I would like to make these billable, but each time we do this too, we get errors about Symbolic Links until we make the target folder CHMOD 777.

Joomla 1.5.17
Unix Symbolic Links: Allowed
MySQL Version: 5.0.77 Sharing supported

Joomla Multi Sites version: 1.2.28 (Latest available: 1.2.28)
Patches definition version: 1.2.34 (Latest available: 1.2.34)
gonetwork
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/05/28 09:40 By gonetwork.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Image upload errors on slave of slave 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Your problem is in the FTP layer parameters.
You probably need to update them directly into the "configuration.php" file if you don't have the access from Joomla "Global Configuration".
The info that you provide in the FTP are not correct as you seem don't have the possibility to event update the global configuratioin.

So start to fix the FTP parameters and check that you can at least resave the Joomla Global Configuration without any error of FTP.

Once you are able to resave the global configuration, retry and verify all the path.
Becarefull that when you are working on a slave the FTP Root directory must be a path to slave.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/05/28 20:50 By edwin2win.

Re: Image upload errors on slave of slave 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I have changed the FTP settings in the slave. And I am able to save the configuration file. However, when I go to make a new slave from the main slave, I get "cannot make symbolic link". Then I have to go into the new file directories which have been made, change those to CHMOD 777. Then resave the template.

This works to get the software to accept. I then check the configuration file and the path to the logs and the tmp are correct. I have to go into the file manager and manually change the configuration file to change the FTP root. ( followed the video)

Then after I manually make all of these changes. I have a functional site like before. But STILL I can not upload a single image without a 403 or 500 error.
gonetwork
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/05/31 06:46 By gonetwork.

I changed from using a main folder in a directory and created a sub domain. (per tutorials)

From there, I took the slave that I made from the master (which was customized) and created a new slave into the " sub domain directory".website.com/{site_id}.

I followed your suggestion on the FTP protocol. And took the whole root information to the sub domain folder. chroot/home/xxxxx-xxx/xxxxxxxx.com/html/parents/ in the template.

FTP enable - no

After the site was created, I still got "unable to create symbolic links" errors.

Then I went into the back end file manger and changed the new file created CMOD 777.

Then went back to the new slave and resaved it. This maps out and works. As you suggested the FTP protocol works and we are able to upload images and save articles.

However, because we have to make these CHMOD 777 the files in order to have the site map to the sub domain and alias to {site_dir} (mulitsites) .... This will give the user an error when creating a billable web site.

And we copy the templates into the {site_id} of the slave, but when we try to change the template, it has no effect. It remains what ever was selected in the master.
gonetwork
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Image upload errors on slave of slave 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The potential reason why you have to put a 777 is that your server use a "apache" owner to manage the files and that you have installed all your joomla files with a FTP user that has a different owner and group than the one apaches expect.

This happen frequently when a apache modules like suPHP is not installed.
In this case when you install joomla files with a FTP user (and sometime also with your http server administration tool like plesk) then the files are owned by this FTP user (ie. user XXXX group YYYY). If you are using apache and that suPHP is not installed, that means this is the "apache" owner that is used (sometime a user like nobody, apache, www-data, ....) that is the symptom that the owner is different. If it is not in the same group, it can not acces the files and mainly not write inside the directory.

If you are using a dedicated server, you may perhaps investigate the suPHP module installation that would result by remove the FTP Layer user and should give you consistent ownership of the files and folder. This would also give you the permission with the SYmbolic Link.
edwin2win
graph

Thank you, we do own our dedicated server. We will look into the suPHP module as suggested. I hope this will help us find the solution.
gonetwork
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla