English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

errors with DTRegister and JMS 1.2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: errors with DTRegister and JMS 1.2
errors with DTRegister and JMS 1.2 14 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

Even though I upgraded to JMS 1.2 and can now use tools to install extensions on slave sites, I'm still encountering lots of issues with combination of JMS and DTRegister. (when I contact DTRegister support, they say that the issues I'm having are unique, so must be related to JMS)
I think part of the problem is the difference in JMS uninstall of extensions and Joomla standard: DTReg updates frequently - the standard DTReg uninstall does not remove the data tables, so that when there's an update, all you have to do is uninstall the old version and install the new, and you still have all your old settings, and records. However, JMS removes all the data tables, thus making it a real pain to update the extension, because then I have to either manually reinput all the settings and records, or import database tables. In the process, my DTReg forms stopped working properly.

Is there a way to have JMS uninstall and install DTReg the way that it does normally under Joomla, without JMS?

Also, are there other aspects of JMS that are causing conflicts with DTReg?

Right now, this situation is creating a real mess for my business and it's hard to get support from DTReg, because they are unfamiliar with JMS.

Jesse
zenxing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: errors with DTRegister and JMS 1.2 14 Years ago Karma: 54
When you install and extension from a slave site, this use the Joomla "overwrite" processing that consists in replacing (overwritting) the existing PHP code.
Therefore when an extension need to modify the DB layout or content, this is the procedure that must be used.

When uninstalling an extension from a slave site, this can NOT uninstall the PHP that may be used by the other extension and that must cleanup the DB.
With the JMS tools, this is what is performed.

If you want that we retest the latest version of DT Register, send us the extension in attachement of an email. The latest version we tested is 2.5b
edwin2win
graph

Re: errors with DTRegister and JMS 1.2 14 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin, I'm still waiting to hear from you about this - I sent you the extension almost two weeks ago. This is actually a very serious issue, as people trying to register for our workshops are getting all kinds of errors due to the conflict with JMS.

Jesse
zenxing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/05/15 01:17 By zenxing.

Re: errors with DTRegister and JMS 1.2 14 Years ago Karma: 54
When I have installed with success your version on JMS that does not yet have DT register and JEvents installed.
After, I have used the JMS tool to re-install with success the DTRegister and JEvents in a slave site.

I also tried to install a DTRegister 2.5 on a master + a slave and after uninstall the DT Register in the master and re-install the DTRegister 2.6.4 in the master AND in the slave site.
It has worked and updated the DT Register table to add the new colums in both master and the slave site.

If you want that we have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/05/15 10:04 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla