English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

JMS is VERY VERY difficult to configure!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JMS is VERY VERY difficult to configure!
JMS is VERY VERY difficult to configure! 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I consider myself a very smart person. But JMS leaves me baffled. I keep getting 403 errors

I have tried to watch the tutorials, but they are hard to understand (English -- I doubt "mon francais est mieux").

Could somebody simply post the "Bullet points" of how to do this:

SITUATION:

"Master" sub-domain: erewhon.kierpro.com
This will contain all of the Joomla files and has a mySQL database containing everything needed for the website.

"Slave" sub-domain 1: aloha.kierpro.com
This will use the master's Joomla files, but will have its own full Joomla mySQL database.

"Slave" sub-domain 2: nnsi.kierpro.com
This will use the master's Joomla files, but will have its own full Joomla mySQL database.

THINGS I HAVE ALREADY DONE:
Made all three sub-domains, and while "Erewhon" is pointing to it's own folder, the two slaves are set to their own "multi-site" folders underneath the Erewhon directory:

/home/content/k/i/e/kiernan7a/html/small/multisites/nnsi

(yes, the directory is called 'small', not 'erewhon').

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ON THIS? I'VE WASTED A WHOLE DAY TRYING TO MAKE THIS WORK!!!

-- John Kiernan
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:JMS is VERY VERY difficult to configure! 14 Years ago Karma: 0
Buddy, Welcome aboard!
You need to have knowledge of mysql, phpmyadmin, user mysql permmisions, have a root permmisions, differents ftp accounts, joomla, cpanel, linux and a lot of patience !

I used to use joomla apps from mambo apps, I´ve started from a little share host to our dedicated server, I bought this product 3 months ago, I didn´t use in a production site because always missing something to configure and the reply of the paid service after purchasing the product if something is wrong.

I saw all the videos about JMS, but is very difficult, I just hope it comes out a stable version, with problems detection, configuration errors, or simple steps to make this product really works.
raymondorta
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/05/12 21:59 By raymondorta.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla