English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Template folder linked to master instead of slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Template folder linked to master instead of slave
Template folder linked to master instead of slave 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi -

I have succeeded in creating a slave site form a template, using J1.5 and JMS 1.2.15.

I have set it up with {site_dir}/templates, but the problem is that the template folder that is actually used is the master template folder. There is a copied /templates folder in the slave site directory, with all the template files in it.

But when I make any changes in the slave template folder nothing happens - only when I make the changes in the master template folder.

Can you please tell me what I have done wrong?

Pls. see attached image.

Kind regards,
Sara
kaliya
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/10/31 11:30 By kaliya.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Template folder linked to master instead of slave 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry - here is the image
kaliya
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/10/31 11:32 By kaliya.

Re:Template folder linked to master instead of slave 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Check how is create the "templates" directory in your slave site.

....web/multisites/yctv/templates

Is it a link (I think NO)
Is it a directory (I think YES)
Does the content of the "templates" directory contain
- Links ( I suppose YES) => In this case that mean that you have specific "templates" directory in which you can delete, replace, add new template. (This means that the "sepcial" action is used in the JMS Template YCTV files and folders tabs).
- Physical directory (I suppose No). If you want to have a physical copy, check your YCTV template with its files and folders. At the line templates, you can change the action in copy instead of special.

Becarefull that JMS does not removed or replace existing directory.
Once a directory is created it remain in its current state (directory or link).
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/10/31 13:14 By edwin2win.

Re:Template folder linked to master instead of slave 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin,

Do I understand from your last remark that once you have created a slavesite you cannot edit template and slavesite to change from fx templates directory to templates symbolic link?

But you have to delete the original slavesite and then create a new one with the different specifications? Or off course replicate the original slavesite with different specs.

Best regards,
Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/11/02 20:09 By B93.

Re:Template folder linked to master instead of slave 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
YES you can not change a directory type.
JMS does NOT delete the directories once they are created. This is the reason why you can not modify a link into a physical directory or the reverse.

If you want to delete a directory, you have to do it manually.
If you want to do it, you can use an FTP or file manager to rename existing templates directory to recreate it (if you don't want to recreate the slave site).
In general, it is better to rename in "bak" directory in case where you have to restore it.

You have to check which parameters that you have used to create in JMS to create the joomla templates directory in the slave site.

There are 3 method to create the templates directory:
1) Templates directory = a link to the master templates directory
2) Templates directory = a templates directoy in which you have subdirectories that are links to the master templates subdirectories
3) Template directory = a full copy of the templates directory.

So you have to check how you have created the templates directory to know in which case you are ( 1, 2 or 3)

When you know in which case you are, you can check the parameters that are provided to JMS.
edwin2win
graph

Hi Edwin,

Also wanted to exchange symbolic link of image folder with an actual folder. Deleted symbolic link and then edited slave ite parameters, but this seemed difficult to do.

Eventually I took a backup of slavesites database, deleted the site, then installed slavesite again with right parameters, and reinstalled original database.

This worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Klaas Muizelaar
B93
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla