English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple Installations of Joomla
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiple Installations of Joomla
Multiple Installations of Joomla 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I purchased your multisite script and had 2 sites setup perfectly. I then started the task of moving one of our large sites to Joomla I didn’t want to make this site a multisite so I created a new site in IIS and installed a clean version on Joomla I used a different database name and everything seemed to install ok. I spent the entire week customizing this new site the other day I went back to the Joomla that has Multisites installed and logged into the MASTER site. Found a major problem!! All my info looks mirrored to the newly installed version on Joomla – no multisite component is installed and the articles are matching the new Joomla. The wired this is all my Mutisite are still functioning.

Any Ideas on what caused this. If I look in the global settings in both Joomla installs I see that they are using different databases and the template paths are pointing to their correct folders.
scottrogers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multiple Installations of Joomla 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I fixed it!

I problem was somehow the database changed in the "Global Configuration" settings. I had three databases. 1st - Mastersite (mydomain.com Database1), 2nd (site1.mydomain.com Database2)- Slave Site 1 (site2.mydomain.com Database2) and 3rd - Was the New Joomla Install seperate from the Muiltisite Joomla (someotherdomain.com Database3).

Changing the database for the 1st Mastersite fixed the problem. I change it from Database3 back to Database1

I never changed this. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
scottrogers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla