English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Site Crash when unistall patches
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Site Crash when unistall patches
Site Crash when unistall patches 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I was running running JMS 1.2.0 RC 2. I was prompted to upgrade to install patches. Following the instructions in the FAQs, I uninstalled the patches (through the joomla backend, Multisites menu) in preparation to upgrade and my site crashed. The problem is that the site thinks all my database tables begin with jos_ but they don't. I changed the configuration file of my joomla install to reflect the correct prefix (uninstalling the patches must have changed the prefix to the default) but to no avail. Do I need to change a file in multisites with the correct prefix?

the site home page is ourrealvillage.com if you want to check it out.
ksnieder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/09/10 06:34 By ksnieder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Site Crash when unistall patches 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
NO.

When you un-install the JMS patches, JMS restore the files that it had backup in /administrator/components/com_multisites/backupxxxxxxx.
Normally all the files present there are the one that you had in your system before to install the JMS patches.

So when it restores, it also restore the configuration.php file that is present in this backup directory.

JMS does not touch to the DB content.
If you have changed the table prefix in your master configuration.php file after the JMS patches installation, you may probably to edit again your configuratoin.php file located in the master root directory.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla