English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Unable to create the symbolic link after upgrade
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Unable to create the symbolic link after upgrade
Unable to create the symbolic link after upgrade 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

After upgrade from JMS1.1.17 to JMS1.2.5, everything seems OK.

Until I open a site and then save it, then I got this error:

* Unable to create the symbolic link [administrator] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/administrator].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [components] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/components].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [dmdocuments] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/dmdocuments].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [geoip] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/geoip].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [includes] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/includes].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [installation] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/installation].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [installation.multisite] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/installation.multisite].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [language] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/language].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [libraries] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/libraries].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [modules] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/modules].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [multisites] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/multisites].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [phocadownload] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/phocadownload].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [plugins] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/plugins].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [xmlrpc] -> [/var/webhosting/biza/biza_enterprise/xmlrpc].

Before the upgrade, I had no this error and I did chmod -R 777 to all files.

Any idea what goes wrong?

Thanks,

Seth
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Unable to create the symbolic link after upgrade 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Check also the owner and group of the files and folders.

Maybe the files installed (JMS) has changed of owner and now is not in the same group than the other files and directories.

You can also check that the Symbolic Link are not already present or if they are present, may be they are owned by another user.

As you have identified it, this is effectivelly a permission problem somewhere.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/09/07 16:29 By edwin2win.

Re:Unable to create the symbolic link after upgrade 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Error messages still there.

All folders and files' owner are apache.

All permissions are 777.

I started to suspect the positions of all my slave sites are the source of problem.

Path to slave sites: //home/deployments/slave1, slave2 ...

Path to JMS: //home/joomla/jms

Could that topology be the source of problems?

Pls advise.

Thanks.

Seth
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Unable to create the symbolic link after upgrade 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
NO.
I don't think so.
You just have to check the permission of the //home/deployments

Try to create another fresh slave site to compare the permissions.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Unable to create the symbolic link after upgrade 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Failed to create a new slave site. Error message is cannot connect to database.
But I think the real course is JMS cannot the symbolic links.

Looking at the deployment site, JMS can create the deployment folder and the folders "cache", "logs", "templates" & "tmp" then nothing ....I guess JMS stopped at the 1st symbolic link.

The persmissions of folders are "755", the owner is apache, group is apache.

If it is the permission issue, JMS should not be able the create those folders in the deployment directory....

Any ideas?

Seth
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Oh..I missed one file.

JMS also does create the configuration.php file in the deployment folder, permssion: 644

owner: apache group: apache
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla