English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Administrator master slave the same
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Administrator master slave the same
Administrator master slave the same 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Well,

We have installed on joomla 1.5.14

JMS Version 1.2.3 (Latest available: 1.2.3)
Patches definition Version 1.2.6 (Latest available: 1.2.6)

and Symbolic links are active and working.

When creating a slave site without using the template, the back end admin is unique.
when we create a duplicate of the MASTER or SLAVE using a template. the front end has the new name, but when you go to the back end administrator, it is the same for the master and the replicated site. Article managemnet and changes affect both the parent and child sites. no matter if it is master -> masterA or slave -> slaveA

domain/joomla - MASTER
domain/joomla/la - Replication of master with template, Unique database, sym links, no share users. Template admin user set to -USERS-.
domain/joomla/la/administrator - same admin, same site name as MASTER domain/joomla/administrator

domain/joomla/us - slave of master, no template to create,
domain/joomla/us/administrator - unique backend

I tired using different users.
all new sites are created in a new database!

is the replication the only way to manage extensions to the child sites?
do the child sites get their own admin?!

I see refrence to front-end.. is this al related to a public front end to create replicated sites, to sell for isntance. is that what is meant by front-end?
infin6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Administrator master slave the same 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Having the same troubles as you...I can see no replies, damn, its urgent too!!

Amended homepage on slave site & it updated the master but not the slave. Well miffed, and slightly pushed for time...

Anyone?
johnlewisdesign
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Well, I think I figured it out!

Is it true that when you create a replication site, that all the content is shared. and a new slave site is unique content.. ! perhaps this is how it works?

when I do make a new slave site, from the master, choose the MASTER DB as the template, everything does get copied over and works beautifully, It would be nice to be able to set, like with the templates, which are sym links and which are copied and which are ignored. because each of the new slave sites, have sym links to itself and the others. for example

domain/joomla/ main site
domain/joomla/la - slave site
domain/joomla/us - slave site

the slave sites have symlinks to themselves and other slave sites so you have a recurssive linking.!!

domain/joomla/la/us/la/us/la/la/us/us etc...or
domain/joomla/us/us/us/us/us/us/us

I am manually removing the symlinks to .htaccess and the delpoy sites folders to stop this.

Another note.

Why does the slave sites have the JMS component., I should probably remove them from the slave sites install. right?!!

NICE NICE work on this component. Who, you guys are awesome!!
infin6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

johnlewisdesign wrote:
Having the same troubles as you...I can see no replies, damn, its urgent too!!

Amended homepage on slave site & it updated the master but not the slave. Well miffed, and slightly pushed for time...

Anyone?

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but the only way I could get my unique content and new sites through sub directories was to create a slave site from the master without a template.

this made a replicate of the master db, and all the content on the new sites are unique, and if you dont make new folders, or specify during the creation, all the meda and images are shared, which is exaclty what I needed. SEF, erase the .htaccess sym link and then put the good one up with the rewrite base set to your deploy folder..

here is my implementation!

www.hi-lite.com/joomla/us and joomla/la the MASTER is /joomla this will eventualy be an alias to point to the /us site

I hope this helps!!! I spent all day yesterday playing with different users, replication templates. make a slave, replicate the slave, etc, and this was what I found to work for what I need!
infin6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you delete and have NO templates,
then the template to choose either, New slave, MASTER DB, templateDB options disapeated!

so when I first started, and made a slave site, all the tables were empty and I had to go through the install, when I tried replication, I created a template and used the template to create a slave/replication, this shared the same article as the original. so I went back to jsut a slave form the MASTER. and it worked. Now I deleted the template and that option is now gone!!!
infin6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I made the template again, the 3 options appeard, did everything like I did on the other 3, now, the content is shared again. and so are all the other slaves, now share the back end.. What is GOING ON!!
infin6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla