English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

XML: failed to load external entity
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: XML: failed to load external entity
XML: failed to load external entity 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, I installed JMS Multisites Version 1.2.97 on my Joomla 2.5.11-Website. The installation worked fine, but when I click in the register on "Manage" or on "Checkpatches" there is an error reported: XML: failed to load external entity "/var/www/virtual/tiroler-hotels.com/htdocs/administrator/components/com_multisites/multisites.xml". What can be the matter for this?

Thanks,
Monika
protour
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: XML: failed to load external entity 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS 1.2.97 is not qualified to be installed on Joomla 2.5.10 or higher.
You need the JMS 1.3.10 or higher to be able working on Joomla 2.5.10 or higher.

This is a regression bug introduced in the Joomla 2.5.10 that have changed their installer for the Red Shop component.
See bug tracker 30206
joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=30206

Perhaps you could complain on joomla for this regression bug introduced in J2.5.10
edwin2win
graph

Re:XML: failed to load external entity 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I have the same issue with this component that I just purchased today. Have I known or seen on your site that this version doesn't work with joomla 2.5.11. I would have never purchased it. It clearly stated that the component works with joomla 2.5

My question now is, if I need this component to work with my current joomla 2.5.11, I would need to purchase 1.3 for it to work? which is an additional 130 euro. Do you see where I am going with this?
plezi69
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:XML: failed to load external entity 10 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have purchased a JMS 1.2.x, it is clearly show that it only works on Joomla 5.5.9 or lower. A read message warn you for that. On some browser, this red message is also blinking to warn the visitor.

To make JMS 1.2.x working on joomla 2.5.10 or higher, see the bugtracker and rollback the change performed by joomla.

OR you can upgrade to JMS 1.3.x with the discount coupon that we have sent to you as you just have purchased JMS 1.2.x.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2013/08/04 16:26 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla