English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

"copy failed" and "failed to create the backup."
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: "copy failed" and "failed to create the backup."
"copy failed" and "failed to create the backup." 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

When I try to install some patches I get the error message "copy failed" and "failed to create the backup."

At first I showed permissions problems with the message "Read permissions", then went to each of the files and adjust the permissions. Now do not get this error but there are other different.

I would like that You will review and help me with a solution, we are going crazy trying to find a solution and we have not got.

Please help us to solve this problem,

Joomla version is 1.5.26

We appreciate your kind help,

Regards.

Note: Deputy erorr messages and email sent to the administrator logins
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "copy failed" and "failed to create the backup." 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The "copy failed" is effectively most frequently due to a permission error or ownership error.

That let suppose that you server uses differnet owner depending that you are uploading files with FTP or other file manager and when you run the joomla application (php).

Sometime, the Joomla FTP layer can help installing the files and execute the patches.
In case where the "FTP Layer" is used, this is the FTP user that is used to copy, create the files and folders.

Verify the ownership of the files and folders.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla