English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: ENGINE/TYPE=MyISAM problem
ENGINE/TYPE=MyISAM problem 11 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I am testing Multisites for my client and found problem with newer MySQL version and creating slave site script. Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1.
Master and slave database has ENGINE=MyISAM, and when creating slave database older version: TYPE=MyISAM is used by Multisites and couse errors like this:

Create external Table Error query [CREATE TABLE `#__assignments` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `access_type` varchar(60) NOT NULL, `access_id` text NOT NULL, `role` varchar(60) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `access_type` (`access_type`,`access_id`(60),`role`) ) TYPE=MyISAM; ]. DB Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 1 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jat_assignments` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `access_type` varchar(60) NOT NULL, `access_id` text NOT NULL, `role` varchar(60) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `access_type` (`access_type`,`access_id`(60),`role`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;

I changed joomla.sql and other .sql from instalation folder, but I can't find where other TYPE=MyISAM entries are.

Please help.
optimica
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ENGINE/TYPE=MyISAM problem 11 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
MySQL Type=MyISAM is a syntax accepted till MySQL 5.1 and I think that starting with MySQL 5.4, "type" is replaced by "engine".

If you have this error when creating a fresh slave site.
Try using the original "/installation" directory provided in the Joomla 1.5 full package.
Ensure also that your are using a latest Joomla 1.5.26 version where this /installation/sql/mysql/jooml.sql is fixed.

Concering the "#__assignments" table, it seems this is a table of another extension (not a joomla core).
So try identifying which extension use this table. This will help you identifying the script that still use the MySQL "TYPE"
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla