English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Fine for 6 months now suddenly white screen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Fine for 6 months now suddenly white screen
Fine for 6 months now suddenly white screen 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I've been using JMS for over six months ( in fact I've used it since Joomla Multisites on other sites).

But now I get a white screen on the admin pages manage, templates etc. ( view source code is completely blank too)

I've notice that there is another thread with a similar issue.

Actual functionality appears to be still working but i cannot add edit new sites.

I reproduced the whole system exactly on a different server - same issue.

Is this realted to the call home function? I didn't change anything on my servers that I can think of.

I put a echo "hello" in

the controller : fine
view outside class : fine
view inside display function : not fine

Any ideas?

Rob
Techbot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fine for 6 months now suddenly white screen 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
First, this can not be due to "call home" that are used to check the version, update, ... and when call home fails, JMS continue to work. So you can close all the connection outside and JMS still work. They just provide additional info that are not critical when not available.

Second, the "white screen" or "blank page" is generally due to a permission error somewhere. So check your "error log" file to identify the potential fatal error that cause the white screen.

The last people who mentioned a "white screen" has requested our billable support to identify the reason and we have detected that their environemnt were hacked and that in fact that was the hack that crash the websites.
This does not mean that you are hacked. This is just a possible case.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/10/02 13:05 By edwin2win.

Re: Fine for 6 months now suddenly white screen 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin,

I knew it was not the call home, but needed to eliminate it as it was "one new piece of information".

I will install JMS on a completely clean site and see if I can work backwords with my code to find out where and when it went white.

Is the removal from the JED affecting your business? (scaring people like me). I use your product in business, find your tech support and business terms fair and in accordance with GPL.

There is a thread on JoomlaDev google group (active even today though it is some months old, where I mentioned your experiece in multisite matters.
groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromg...-dev-cms/8DNkvZllSOM

Do you need help in petitioning the Joomla People? Are you working on it? What can I do to help? I am a contributer on occasion to the group and sometimes communicate with members of the Joomla leadership.

Are you convinced you are in compliance and that the JED people are WRONG?
Techbot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Fine for 6 months now suddenly white screen 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
We consider that we are GNU/GPL and Joomla does not but does not also provide any detailled reason on the peace of code or things that for them is not compliant with their understanding of GNU/GPL.
The code is the same for 4 years and suddenly, they decide to unpublish.
They also does not reply to my tickets to get more detailled information.
So till now, we still don't know the real reason why they have unpublished.

In the other side, Joomla request us to be a speaker at the Joomla World Conference.
We will present Jms Multi Sites the 18th november.

I have already asked to "Brian Teeman" if he can give me a direct contact to the person who decide to unpublish in JED to let me fix (if there is something to fix). But he can not help me for that.

Therefore, as long as I don't have any detailled description of the peace of code that would be suddenly considered as not GNU/GPL, I am not able to fix anything.

Yes we are affected in our business for that.

We were present at J and Beyond 2012 and discussed about Multisite in the workgroup.
So Joomla know us very well.
We also discuss about the hack that we have to do in Joomla and we also present technical bugs in the current joomla platform that occurs on windows platform. The answer that we received is that Joomla is not guarantee to work on Windows platform.
This is very strange as they start to propose Microsoft SQL Server as DB engine.

If you can provide help to get more detailled info on the reason why they suddenly considered as not GNU/GPL this will be helpfull.
On my side, there are not more than 6 weeks that I don't receive any answer.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla