English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Error in Patches on Slave Sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Error in Patches on Slave Sites
Error in Patches on Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I have been trying to get this component to work for a long time now. I work with it, get frustrated then leave it alone for a while. It is time I finish the website I am using this for though.

I keep getting this error:

I have searched through the Forums and found were others have had similar errors. It was recommended to use the FTP Layer. I tried that many of times and it still did not work. Now I am left with... Will this component ever make slave sites for me??? If someone has conquered this problem please help me out with this.

I am using:

Joomla v2.5.6
All multisites up to date components.
Folder permissions are set to 755
File permissions are set to 644

Anyone have any ideas???

Best regards and cheers!
Justin I.
jinabine
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Error in Patches on Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
The title of this post let me suppose that you are trying to install patches from a slave site.

I remember you that we do not recommend to install JMS in the slave sites.
Normally, it should only be installed in the master and should never be installed in a slave site.

If you are in a slave site, this is normal that you receive some errors as you are in a slave site and not in the master.
To avoid that users try converting a slave site into a master by the installation of the patches, we have disabled the "install" button.

Here the error are totally normal as you have a slave site that does not contain the "/installation" directory and that its "configuration.php" file does not contain the "master" stuff.

So, if my assumption is correct concerning the fact that you are trying to install the patches from a slave site is correct then the message that you have are normal and correct.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Error in Patches on Slave Sites 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you,

I was getting stumped by the errors because the templates I was installing in "this slave site" were having errors and I thought it was associated to this problem. Thanks and glad that is cleared up!
jinabine
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla